cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

HH and infinity

I am looking to have Infinity installed in my rental properties which are shared houses, but I do not intend to provide a telephone or incur any call charges. As I have never used BT for internet I have several questions about this:

1. I already have phone lines in the properties but in the wrong place.  Would the BT engineer move the box into the loft and install the equipment there providing I fit a double power socket, if not can I move the socket into the loft?

2. Provided the equipment is locked away in the loft can the phone line be accessed any other way?  Would I also be able to can turn off any ringer on the hub/phone?

3. Can I restrict or allow individual computers access to the wireless connection via mac or other means to prevent WEP code being passed to unauthorised users?

4. Can all router settings be locked down and restricted to me and accessed wirelessly via an Android tablet device?

I will be grateful if you can help with any of the above questions.  Thank you in anticipation.

Kev.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: HH and infinity

1. Depends on the complexity of the move. I assume by box you mean the master socket?. Best option is when he comes to do the install he will advise of the best place for installation. On some occasions, if you request, the master socket can be moved.

2. BT Infinity comes with the HH v2. This doesn't include the Hub Phone. So no ringer to turn off

3. The HH Wireless connection can be restricted via MAC like any other router

4. I think the HH has the cababilty for remote access, but has been locked down/disabled by BT

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I helped, then consider clicking the star to the left
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

in order to have bt infinity, you will need a bt line, and will have to pay line rental charges in addition to the cost of infinity..

you will not qualify for the low user tariff if no calls are made on the landline.

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

What is low user rate and its terms?  I thought this was just for OAP's.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

@kevcal wrote:

What is low user rate and its terms?  I thought this was just for OAP's.

As an oap I wish  Smiley Very Happy but BT are not agest thehy give nothing away

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

If yo had a line and made no calls, you used to be able to qualify for a low/light users line rental discount - however, as the broadband uses the same line, it disqualifies you from being able claiming it....(as i  tried to claim it and was disallowed)

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.