cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyh
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

HH2 Access Error: 500 -- Internal Server Error

I was trying to sort out a DHCP problem with YouView and tried to access the Advanced Settings -> Home Network menu when I got ...

Access Error: 500 -- Internal Server Error

I am looking at doing some sort of reset but I really really really don't want to lose all my contacts - I have about 50. I simply cannot believe that BT won't let you save this list but that was a rant from years ago.

Does anyone know EXACTLY what Advanced Settings -> Reset -> Settings Only reset does? The blurb simply says ...

This resets all your Hub's settings back to defaults. Handset registrations and your shared contacts list aren't affected.

Does this mean that I will lose my IP Address setting, Dynamic DNS setting etc?

If I do a Save and then a Restore will this preserve all my settings, or will this possibly 'restore' the config that could be causing the error?

Obviously I have no intention of wasting my time calling India on this - I fully believe that if you can find your way to this forum then you probably already know more than anyone in India. In a decade or more their only suggestion for any equipment problem is to do a factory reset. In all this time (5 - 10 problems a year) I have refused to do this and have always found a solution to any problem (so far!).

Ta, Andy.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: HH2 Access Error: 500 -- Internal Server Error

Your contacts are saved on your hub phone and not within the home hub, so a factory reset will not affect those.

It will cause a loss of any user settings, so you would have to re-enter them again. You could try saving the config first, but there is always a slight possibility that there is an error in the file, and it will not allow you to reload it.

A normal soft reset (restart) simply restarts the Internet connection process, and leaves user settings intact.

Be aware that there are a number of issues with the HH2, especially if its a few years old.

Reported problems with the Home Hub 2.0

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Your contacts are saved on your hub phone and not within the home hub, so a factory reset will not affect those.

I'm sure they're actually on the hub Keith. This was why our fellow customers were being billed for BBT calls they didn't make after they sold/gave away their old hub's without factory resetting the hub first.

Can't remember the exact steps, but the contact details stored on the hub can be saved to a hub phone - something about shared contacts iirc.....

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
andyh
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

It will cause a loss of any user settings, so you would have to re-enter them again. You could try saving the config first, but there is always a slight possibility that there is an error in the file, and it will not allow you to reload it.

A normal soft reset (restart) simply restarts the Internet connection process, and leaves user settings intact.

Be aware that there are a number of issues with the HH2, especially if its a few years old.

Reported problems with the Home Hub 2.0

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply. Are you sure about the contacts being stored on the HubPhone?. I have 5 Hub Phones and if I enter contacts on one phone they will appear on the other 4. How does that work if they are not held on the HH2? Also see this from the Full Reset info on the Reset page...

Any handsets that are registered to your Hub will be removed and user information (such as your shared contacts list) will be deleted.

I do not have any of the problems as outlined in your link.

Ignoring the soft restart (bottom button on the back that you normally push when moving the HH2) I was trying to find the exact difference between the Setting Only rest and the Full Reset which I presume is the same as the Factory Reset button.

I was hoping to find a definitive list of what settings are affected by both types of reset but have been unable to find anything.

I have since found this thread

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/BT-HH2-0-Access-Error-500-Internal-Server-Erro...

and it seems a factory worked for @k1llah3rtz but this will be my very very very last resort.

Ta, Andy.

0 Ratings
andyh
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

@DS

Thanks for that - I shall have a lookfor that option - it will be a life saver as the last time I had to do a factory reset it took me 2 days to re-enter the contacts and I have entered many more since then.

Ta, Andy.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

On my home hub 1, each phone keeps its own phone book, but it may be different on the HH2 phones, or it may be simply that any changes are copied automatically.

0 Ratings