cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sparky76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

HH3 Connections....

Is there a limit on the number of connections to the HH3??

Recently I am having problems with wireless connections and was wondering if there is a limit on this or do I have a faulty Hub..

Most times there are 3 laptops, 3 mobiles ( sometimes 4 ) 1 Xbox, 1 PS3 ( sometimes 2 ) all connected wireless and Sky by Ethernet.

I remember having a similar problem when I had Sky and their Netgear router in which I ended up replacing the Netgear with a Belkin.

I don't really want to go out and buy a new router as these can be expensive for a decent one...

Any suggestions please....

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: HH3 Connections....

Most wireless routers can support 50 to100 simultaneous connections. I'm not certain how many the HH3 can do, but i'm sure it's more than you've got. Have you tried manually setting the channel, or is it still set to auto?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
sparky76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

The channel has been changed a few times to see if this would help but doesn't.. Currently on channel 10 as there are a few others using the lower channels close to me....
0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 4 of 18

Same problem here now for the last 2weeks the blue wireless light on the HH3 goes off for about a second then comes back on. If I'm watching something on my iPhone on Sky Go and also my wife's iPhone it will drop connection then come back on it's doing my head in. I've changed the smart wireless to another channel but it don't make no difference, I've got 1comp a iMac in the house and that is wired and have no problems at all it's just the wireless.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

Have you totally disabled "smart wireless"?

0 Ratings
sparky76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Have here......
0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 7 of 18

How do you do that? in the settings
0 Ratings
sparky76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Think its in the advanced wireless settings of the Hub..
0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 9 of 18

I'm on it now Channel Selection is Channel 4 and I've also got it on 802.11n 40 MHz it don't make no difference at all

0 Ratings
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 18

@McGrath1982 wrote:

I'm on it now Channel Selection is Channel 4 and I've also got it on 802.11n 40 MHz it don't make no difference at all

Have you tried channels 1,6 and 11 ?
0 Ratings