cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

HH3 Constant wi-fi drop outs

Hello,

I have a Home Hub 3 that I'm having lots of Wi-fi drop outs/disconnects or very slow performance, it can be ok for an hour at most if I'm lucky otherwise its a constant problem. Happens reguardless how many Wi-Fi devices are connected, even just 1 connected has these problems.

So far I have contacted BT 5 times and tried the following on their advice:

Reseting or turning the HH3 on/off

Factory reset on the HH3

They apparantly adjust settings on their end

Tried changing wi-fi channels - have the same problems on all 11 available channels I've tried

Replaced the filter box on their advice - not sure how that would help?

Any other suggestions I could try? As BT seem to be just shooting in the dark now.

They say it's nothing to do with the HH3 but I'm having my doubts now.

Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: HH3 Constant wi-fi drop outs

check to see if you have a HH3B and if so read this 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Discussions/HH3-Infinity-Local-WiFi-Channel-fade/m-p/144...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Unfortunetly I've got the HH3 type A.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

there are other posts where people are having similar problems with the hh3a - use search and you should find them and what they have done

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

HH3a has exactly the same problem as b it seems, but the fix they're providing they say only works for b. It  may be worth ppsting in that thread to put your name in the hat and get them to keep working on a fix for A too as my B fix works a treat

0 Ratings