cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 41 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

Bt wanted £69 for a HH5 which I am not willing to pay. After a bit of haggling managed to get them to send me a replacement HH3 for free. I'll let you know if this solves the problem.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 555

GREAME1873

Who did you get through to at BT and how did you manage to haggle. What number did you use? Would love to know as don't relish the thought of having to go via India.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 43 of 555

Homehub 3 Wireless Issues

Glad I found this, been having the exact same issues, I/ am out of contract in a month and got told I would need to pay for a new HH4 or HH5 or could get a HH3 replacement.

Can anyone confirm a new HH3 made a difference as I am very close to leaving BT with my contract up

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 44 of 555

Paul. Sorry to say I did this through the Indian call centre. I had 3 long and painful calls with them before spotting this thread. Called them up and said that I had tried my friends HH3 and it worked perfectly so mine must be faulty. Chap still wanted to go through the same tests I had done previously wherein I lost all patience and basically said I wanted to buy the HH5 to just get it over and done with. When he asked for £ 69 I said that was not acceptable but could they at least send me a replacement HH3 . After talking to his manager said that was ok and I would have it in 3-5 days. If the new HH3 doesn't work I'm buying a HH 5 from eBay. Seem to be able to get them for between £30 and £40. Hope this helps.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 555

I wish I had found this topic a couple of weeks ago - I could have saved myself hours of bashing my head against a brick wall talking to people in Kolkata who know absolutely nothing about this problem which is obviously affecting a lot of people with HomeHub 3's. After several levels of escalating the problem, I finally got to talk to someone in the UK who was able to offer me a contract renewal with a free HomeHub 5, with the same package at a slightly lower cost! The HH5 is absolutely brilliant. It contains its own modem, which means the white box on the wall has gone as well.

For goodness sake, BT - tell your Indian friends about this problem affecting many HH3 owners so they can respond intelligently when the next poor soul comes along to complain about it!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 46 of 555

Plus one for the problem here...

Only just discovered a drop in wireless speed as I usually run wired. Interesting to not that so many HH3's appear to have failed at the same time.  A change in wireless channel solved the problem for me today but after reading this thread I am expecting that to be temporary (!)

I'm not prepared to argue with BT call centres - my life is too short - so if the problem returns in a few days (as expected) I suppose I will have to look into an alternate router.  reading the reports on the HH5 I doubt it will be one of those so I suppose I should look for another manufacturer.   Any suggestions for suitable model anyone?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 555

TP Link TD-W9980, works a treat.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 48 of 555

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 555

For all these HH3s to start giving trouble at the same time, it has to be something that BT has changed on the network itself.

Perhaps a change in MTU, or some other parameter which is upsetting the wireless module?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 50 of 555

I agree - problem is getting BT to admit it.

0 Ratings