cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denny2k2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 321 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

About to tear my hair out as I have been going round in circles with the BT Tech team trying to sort this issue.  With a bit of relief I have found this thread which describes all of my symptoms and problems.  Chalk me up as another for this issue.

I am still currently resetting 3 times a day and changing channels manually AT LEAST once a day.  To be paying for 76Mb and getting <2Mb is atrocious...nevermind the terrible customer service you get when you try and resolve the issue.  I've had to dig out a 5m ethernet cable just to get anything productive done!

Hopefully a MOD can grant me access to their contact details and forward on my issue...hopefully I could get this magic config change from the Hub Team?

0 Ratings
eddiek
Beginner
Message 322 of 555

I am also having same problems with my home hub 3. Not on infinity . Like others it serms to gave started about the beginning of this year. Each time I boot up my windows 7 pc 's I have virtually no wifi speed . WHEN I DO A REBOOT ON MY HUB IT GOES BACK TO NORMAL. USUALLY AROUND 6.5MBPS. It came to my attention recently when I discovered my wireless printer would not work on my home network. I went out and purchased a new printer thinking the wifi had failed. Guess what after initial install all was ok. Each time I would try and print it wouldn't. I restart hub again and it will print until a few hours later and wifi speed drops and no printagain. I also had a wifi extender linked to hub and until recently worked well. Recently had to remove it from my network because even though you connected to it you could not get on Internet. Obviously as the wifi was slowing down it was not fast enough to access the Internet on my android phone. It would come up as error about connection too slow or similar. Like others when I reboot hub all is well for a few hours and again the speed just drops away to about 1mb or less. Normally can get about 6.5 mb. Hope you can help me and others get a permanent fix for this as it's not very convenient having to reboot hub all the time. Thanks. Eddie Karsten.

0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 323 of 555

@bryan4046 @MotBarber @Ange263 @denny2k2 

Can yous send me over your details and I will get this off to the hub team? 

Telephone number:

Serial number of hub connected:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear? How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?)

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
MotBarber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 324 of 555

Thank you Olga.  I am logged in but can't see a 'contact us' link.

0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 325 of 555

Hi Motbarber, 

You will find the form by clicking on my username. It's under the "about me" section. Let me know if you have any trouble seeing this. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
denny2k2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 326 of 555

Hi @OlgaC  - thanks!  I have sent over all my details to you.  Hopefully can get this sorted.  Many thanks!

0 Ratings
benramadan
Beginner
Message 327 of 555

Another happy customer here - contacted the mods and they applied a remote fix within a couple of days, all the problems have gone now.  Thanks mods - excellent service.

Ben

0 Ratings
Ange263
Aspiring Contributor
Message 328 of 555

Hi OlgaC thanks for your response and I hope you got my details ok in the end.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 329 of 555

Am I the only person to find it bizarre that these hubs are being fixed on an individual basis and that there isn't a universal fix being rolled out? If they can be fixed individually, surely they can be fixed universally.

bryan4046
Beginner
Message 330 of 555

Olga.

Thanks for your message I have sent over the details requested and hope you can resolve these long suffering problems.

0 Ratings