cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BG1
Beginner
Message 421 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

2015-05-11 16.25.14.jpg

Hi PaddyB,

I have replied to your email as well but wanted to make sure you got this IMPORTANT information,

You have said the Hub team cannot help me as I have a Type A not Type B Hub, but trust me I have a TYPE B and attach a picture to prove it..............Please don't kick me off the "to be fixed" list..........I cannot take anymore grief from the family over slow/ non existent/ dropping out WiFi I need your HELP, please please please show the hub team the photo, it is a TYPE B, please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Vickster69
Contributor
Message 422 of 555

@karanved wrote:

Hello,

Sorry if this is repeated, but has anyone tried to change the position of HH3.

Like for example, if your HH3 is placed next to TV or any electric equipment, has anyone tried to change the position of HH to a different place like a less crowdy place like on a shelf or a table 2ft above the floor and no electric equipment apart from openreach modem should be withn 5ft of radius of your HH.

Also swapping channels its definately a temprory fix and not a permanent one. So channels need to be changed quite often, also HH3 cannot be left on automatic smart wireless as sometimes it dosen't change channel on its own.

But repositining of your HH is worth giving a go, reason being there might be interference present around your homehub itself...

Also you might wanna have a look into these :-

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Wireless

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/346/a_id/38064/?s_intcid=bbhub_L1:popular_L2:38064

Hope this helps!!..

Thanks, but there's nothing new in those links (for me, anyway).  Our HH3A has been in the same position for over 3 years and only ever required an occasional reboot, until recently.  We took it off automatic channel selection not long after getting it, as found it was better to select one manually.  The laptop I am working on is really close to the Hub so there's no problem with proximity.

Let's see what the mods come back with...

0 Ratings
karanved
Contributor
Message 423 of 555

Hi Vickster69,

Its nothing to do with the distance between yout laptop(devices) and the Hub.

Its just that normanlly people have their hub kept in a conjusted place below the table, next to TV or any other equipment which works on electric-radio-wireless tech which normally interferes in wireless connection resulting either slow or dropping wireless connection. All wireless equipments in your house like wireless mouse, wireless gaming consoles, cordless phone, wireless speakers, routers, TV remotes, etc, more or less works on similar wireless frequency.

In simple terms if you want to see this interference, while you are speaking to someone on your mobile phone, at the same time, take your phone next to your TV screen and turn on your TV, you'll see the interference.

ALso interference can be seen if you take a magnet and again take it next to TV screen, you'll see that there is a lot of interference. SO the whole idea of moving or changing the position on the HH is to check if its still getting interference..

0 Ratings
Vickster69
Contributor
Message 424 of 555

As mentioned, the Hub has been in the same place for 3 years - and nothing has changed within that room.  We have more than one laptop running off it a lot of the time (the same as we always have done) and we experience the exact same wireless issues on both of them, at the same time.  We have none of the wireless things you have listed, except for remote controls - but only one of those is used in the same room as the Hub, and it always has been.

Today I had to reboot the Hub first thing (9am) and again this evening (8pm).

There must be some checks that can be done from BT's side, so I'm hoping to hear back on that front soon...

0 Ratings
Vickster69
Contributor
Message 425 of 555

I only mentioned proximity as step 6 from this page;

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/346/a_id/38064/?s_intcid=bbhub_L1:popular_L2:38064

...says this;

6. Try to move your Hub as close as possible to your computer or device, especially if you have thick walls in your home

I wouldn't bother moving it anyway as the wireless issues are exactly the same for the laptop right next to the Hub, and the one downstairs in a separate room.

0 Ratings
amy4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 426 of 555

I have also been driven slowly insane over the last few months with this problem. I feel like bt are conducting some awful experiment on us all!

Can i please add my details to the golden ticket list?

Thanks,

amy

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 427 of 555

@amy4 wrote:

I have also been driven slowly insane over the last few months with this problem. I feel like bt are conducting some awful experiment on us all!

Can i please add my details to the golden ticket list?

Thanks,

amy

did you check your hh3 is type 'b'?

if so then mods will post invite to contact them

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jonnybrussell
Contributor
Message 428 of 555

why only type b

mine is type a and i have similar problems

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 429 of 555

I think it was a problem after a firmware update and A&B have different firmware.  the posters who started the thread had b hubs

problems with a may be similar but I assume not the same fix

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Vickster69
Contributor
Message 430 of 555

@jonnybrussell wrote:

why only type b

mine is type a and i have similar problems

Same here Jonny - and currently in discussions with Customer Services, via the mods link...

0 Ratings