cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidM
Message 461 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

Hi Miracey,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear that your connection has been affected by the issue described in this thread.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact the Mods" link found in my profile? Please included -

Telephone number:

Serial number of hub connected:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
lil_red_roadster
Beginner
Message 462 of 555

And here's another one...

Wifi fades from 37mbps to < 2 mbps over a 24-36 hour period.

Performance unaffected on wired connection.

Have tried various channels - only surefire workaround is regular restart.

Mods please help..!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 463 of 555

Hi lil_red_roadster,

Sorry about that, I've made the contact the mods link visible. Please can you send us over your Hub details and we'll be happy to help.

Neil

0 Ratings
newlabeluk
Beginner
Message 464 of 555

well here's my 'Tuppence'  worth

Having a lot of trouble with our HH3 all of a sudden only with the wireless connections. My Daughter in law is very good with computers and spent 3 hours with the hub,the tech chat line and a tech support on the telephone who didn't seem to get the point that it wasn't interference or a channel problem but a  wireless only router problem. I am so annoyed as i have recently renewed our bt contract otherwise i'd be off to SKY especially as the speed we were getting originally has now dropped from 54 to 18. BT are becoming a joke!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 465 of 555

Hi newlableuk,

Thanks for posting, if you restart the router does the wireless speed return to 54Mb?

Neil

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 466 of 555

@newlabeluk

is your hh3 an A or B version?  I just posted on your own thread

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
newlabeluk
Beginner
Message 467 of 555

This is a Type B.

0 Ratings
newlabeluk
Beginner
Message 468 of 555

it doesn't return to what it used to be but does improve. only lasts for approx 10mins then drops again

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 469 of 555

@newlabeluk

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact the Mods" link found in my profile? Please included -

Telephone number:

Serial number of hub connected:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Stephen747
Beginner
Message 470 of 555

So rather than any configuration change, I got a call from BT telling me to try other wireless channels and consider renewing my contract to get a HH5. So, is this the standard BT stance on the issue now, or is a config change still available?
0 Ratings