cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newlabeluk
Beginner
Message 481 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

Really getting fed up! had the Hub push while away arrived home today note from son's wife to say been ok before she left yesterday now we're back to square one. i'm on at the moment but it's dropping in & out like no-one's business. THIS NEEDS A PROPER PERMANENT FIX! and yes i've called the help line & re emailed the mods.

0 Ratings
TheReverend
Contributor
Message 482 of 555

@newlabeluk Are you having problems again after a reset? I had the fix sent to me while I was away this week. When I returned the speed was low, so I assume the fix itself does not 'work' if the fade is already kicked in or needs a reset to take effect. After resetting on my return the speed has been fine for a few days, so hopefully will stay like that. If it doesn't I will update here of course and email the help team

0 Ratings
MaryEllen
Beginner
Message 483 of 555

Re: Wifi slows down on HomeHub 3

Glad to have found this forum, I've just bought a new printer because of the dropped connections that have been happening over the last few months. Everything working fine until 4 months ago then problems started as described. I have yet to find a cure and rapidly losing patience with BT and lack of help.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 484 of 555

Hi MaryEllen,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

I can look into this for you.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see our contact link.  Please include the following info when completing the web form:

Telephone number:

Serial number of hub connected:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?

Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Robbie

BG1
Beginner
Message 485 of 555

Can I say a big Thanks to PaddyB and all the mods on this link.

After much "pulling my hair out" PaddyB has saved me from complete baldness, its taken a few weeks of frustration and many emails and calls but he never forgot about me and always made contact to see how things were after each attempted "fix".

He is a credit to BT and it's customer service, just a shame the rest of BT isn't this good!!

Thanks again,

Bob.

0 Ratings
MaryEllen
Beginner
Message 486 of 555

Sorry Robbie sent it to the wrong contact details the first time,

I now have references **Edited** and **Edited**

0 Ratings
Dinzy
Beginner
Message 487 of 555

This seems a recurring issue however here we go
I have been trying to explain to BTover at least 4 weeks there is an issue with my infinity
It keeps dropping speed and intermittently going as slow as 1mg
So after numerous actionsn such as
- change channel
- reset hub
- spend time again and again talking to "tech" support.
- waiting for call backs that never materialise

I am at the stage of stalemate. There is something not right and despite having articulated the issue on numerous occasions I seem to be making no progress

So I would like some tips on how I can obtain the HH5 as this seems to be more stable.

I an seriously considering going to the Information Commissioner about this . When I ask to complain it is totally ignored . I am also considering the small claims court for loss of time.

It's a poor show that BT cannot solve a standard issue without the customer having to escalate to external bodies.

I am writing this in the forlorn hope someone somewhere in the myriad of disparate BT departments will have the courage and decency to actually help?

If not can fellow contributors give me some help in this ?
0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 488 of 555

Hi Dinzy, 

Thanks for your post. 

I can look into this for you.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see our contact link.  Please include the following info when completing the web form:

Telephone number:

Serial number of hub connected:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?

Once I have your details I will go from there.

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Dinzy
Beginner
Message 489 of 555

Please see my BT acct for the last few weeks
Told initially a fault on line, complaints not registered,no acknowledgement of what an "intermittent" fault is
My infinity is fluctuating between 1 and 20 Meg
It is intermittent not constant
Yes its both wired via cat 5 and wireless
Yes I have reset router x10
Yes I have changed channel x 10
Yes I have waited 2 days for you to test line x 3
Yes I have checked for interference

No I have not received an ounce of customer service and will be referring this to the Information Commissioner, the Guardian, etc etc unless this is resolved quickly

Please send me a new HUB 5.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 490 of 555

jusy reply to the mod who is trying to help you - you are being offered assistance - the fix which is issued apprears to work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.