cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 501 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

@fulliautomatix wrote:

@imjolly

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems as described throughout the previous 50 pages, but is there only a fix for the Type B HH3? Owners of the 'A' version are clearly suffering just as badly and there seem to be as many posts on here about Type A as Type B and the subject is not specific to Type B.

Could one of the Moderators please advise on the best way forward as the current situation is entirely unacceptable!

the fade problem which started the thread was identified by BT as a problem with the 'B' version of the hub that is not to say there is not a problem with the 'A' version just not the same problem

from the 'A' posts it appears more that wifi is dropping.  I haven't seen a solution apart from trying to get a new hub from customer services

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
clairelouise2
Aspiring Expert
Message 502 of 555

The problem with my own Type A has been both slow speed and dropouts. It seems that the wireless signal is very unstable, and it makes no difference where I am in the house - I was experiencing dropouts every few seconds  sitting right next to the router. On my phone I could see the signal strength decrease rapidly before my phone switched to 3G again. 

I called BT again yesterday and they did some more changes remotely to my hub... I also changed the wireless channel to 11 and since then my wireless hasn't dropped once. Crossing everything this sticks and I don't have to call again.

0 Ratings
cj63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 503 of 555

Hi

I'm adding to this thread as I posted a new one and then someone pointed me to here as the problems seem the same.

I have a HH3a connected via ADSL and for the last week, my wireless connections keep dropping out or fading to speeds that are unuseable.  I have tried resetting the channel, turning off all wifi devies but one, resetting the hub and been onto BT chat but nothing resolves the situation.  Wired connections are fine.

Next stage will be to talk to someone from BT rather than chatline but thought that I should just register another example of the same problem.

Chris.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 504 of 555

Hi cj63,

Sorry you're having these problems.

You'll be able to see the link to get in touch with us in my profile under the "about me" section.  Just make sure to answer the below when sending over your details.

Telephone number:

Serial number of hub connected:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Bucephalus
Beginner
Message 505 of 555

I have just registered having discovered that the Wifi fade problems I have being battling since January are exactly the same as posted by many other HH3 customers. I have a type B and so would probably benefit from the Hub Team’s Hotfix. Not sure what to do next. It seems that I need to post this message so that a moderator will conjure a link whereby I can provide the necessary details for implementation.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 506 of 555

Hi Bucephalus,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

You'll be able to see the link in my profile now under the "about me" section.  Sorry for these problems.  Just make sure to include the following info:

Telephone number:

Serial number of hub connected:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
fulliautomatix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 507 of 555

We experienced the same HH3 problems again throughout the weekend, with wifi speeds right down and then dropping off completely. This is getting particularly annoying for my daughter who is currently in the middle of exam revision. We've already tried switching wifi channels, moving the router to a more central location away from other appliances etc and it doesn't seem to matter how many devices are connected.  

I notice that cj63 has the 'A' type HH3 and has had a moderator reply from RobbieMac but I've had nothing from the mods since I first posted on Wednesday.  Are you able to help rectify the problems I'm experiencing, along with so many others, whether it's Type A or B?

Many thanks!

Andy

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 508 of 555

it can take from 3/5 working days for the mods to contact you personally once you have contacted them via their contact link 

0 Ratings
lmw1976
Beginner
Message 509 of 555

Hi, I've just come across this page, after months of resets, channel changes and having to stop working from home and commute to the office.

worse speed has been 0.56mbps after a reset back up to 37mbps, 2 hours later 25mbps, again 2 hours later 16mbps, hour later 8.5mbps, 4 hours later 1.5mbps, reducing to 0.5mbps. This happens daily and a reset will sort for a few hours before the "infinity super fast broadband" is just dial up.

I have changed the channel from Smart to 11 - ok for a few hours, then fades

change from channel 11 to a different channel - ok for a few hours, then fades

Factory reset - ok for a few hours then will begin to fade, not as fast, but still after 10 hours, I'm on dial up

Reset hub - works for a few hours then will begin to fade.

Wired I get better results, but not that great, until I reset

I'm on homeHub 3, I have a call from BT this evening between 6pm and 7pm, and will be interested into what will be said and what diags they will have me do.

any help would be great

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 510 of 555

is your hub a 3 a ot b?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings