cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 231 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

@PaddyB

I will gladly 'contact the Mods' but cannot see the link on your profile, sorry, but only the PM link. Whereabouts should it be?

Thanks for your help,

Ed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 232 of 555

@EdK 

Sorry about that Smiley Embarassed you should be able to see that link now if you click on my username.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 233 of 555

Hi Paddy. New to this but cannot locate the Contact the Mods button?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 234 of 555

mod contact.JPGit is here in Paddy profile as shown here

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 235 of 555

Hi Paddy. Have sent the details as requested. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 236 of 555

@PaddyB

Many thanks, submitted now.

Ed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 237 of 555

Hi,

@I joined the forum to ask for help with this problem, failed to find this one, started a thread, and was referred here by @john46.

I've read through all 24 pages of messages. It was quite exciting, especially around page 20 when it seemed there might be a fix, but sadly there's no happy ending.

@Gneiss wrote:

I haven't noticed the "fade", but what I have had since some time in January is an issue where all the wirelessly connected devices on the network stop seeing each other and at the same time all the wired devices also stop seeing any wireless devices.

The wireless devices still see the HUB and have internet acess but the only thing they see on the newtork is themselves and the HUB Smiley Indifferent

I'm very glad to find other people are having the same problems - I've been getting the reduced speed (download of 25+ drops to 1, though upload usually stays around 6) for a couple of months, and the problem of devices-can't-see-other-devices. A HH3 restart fixes both ... for a short time.

Not at all surprised by people's misery of trying to deal with support, and I've no intention of phoning to report it as I'm sure I'd be sent through the pointless script by someone who doesn't understand/accept the problem. Also I've had Infinity since Oct 12, so am out of contract and would have to buy a new HH anyway. My in-laws got left with a HH5 (I think) when they were upgraded to Infinity 2, so if they've still got that lying around I'll try it ... though googling for HH5 problems shows that isn't a definite win either, and I might end up with the Netgear.

Highlighted
Message 238 of 555

Im stuck in a loop with the indian call center they just want me to keep changing channels and monitoring my line,ITS DRIVING ME MAD.how do you get a replacement hub?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 239 of 555

Been through all this, and without checking the forums tried resets, changing channels etc, but the problem persists.

TIME FOR WATCHDOG!

Highlighted
Message 240 of 555

Im having drop outs every minute with wifi, I've spoken with BT twice now. The first time they did some tests and then told me to give it 48 hrs to settle down on new settings. Five days on and was the same so i rang BT for the second time. Like every time you ring they go through the same script do this, try that.  Telling me it was interference from my house phone, i told them it wasnt as nothing has changed in the house when it had been working fine for several years and that i'd unplugged everything in the same room as the hub to rule out any interference that could be causing it. I have also tried the wifi channels 1-13 with little difference. I also have an app on my phone that shows me what channels are being used by other broadband users living near me which are mostly around channel 10-13. so even if i change channel to where its clear, its still no better. The problem with BT is that they do not listen, they read whats in front of them, and then fail ending up telling you we will get an engineer to ring you. 

I have the home hub 3 which I have had since fibre-optic came out, maybe its the hub. Bt have told me that the engineer will ring back in a weeks time. If this doesnt get resolved in a week then I will change providers. BT are not providing me with the service they have promised me, this means that my contract can be broken if i feel that i want to change providers, and will do if they don't soon sort it out( as done in the passed). At the end of the day im paying out alot of money for a broken product, and now told i have to wait a full week for an engineer and still having to pay for this.