cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Member
Message 21 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

I just wanted to add that I have the same issues starting about a week ago. Intially I changed to channel 13 but I did not find any other channels in use that were in range of the HH3.

In my case I have a wireless access point (AP) that is wired to the HH3.

Today I attempted to download some iPlayer content to my iPhone. I was getting about 2Mb from the HH3, but when I moved in range of the AP the speed shot up to 40Mb.

I restarted the HH3 and now get approximately the same speed from the HH3 as the AP.

Has anyone just tried disabling/enabling the wireless network using the Home Hub Manager (via the web browser) instead of restarting the HH3?

I'm not sure I want to go down the route of requesting a replacement HH because I can't face the likelihood of hours on the phone to BT support.

Is this something that the MODS could investigate for us?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 555

@rocketman wrote:

Has anyone just tried disabling/enabling the wireless network using the Home Hub Manager (via the web browser) instead of restarting the HH3?

I have the same problem this past few weeks, disabling/enabling wireless network through the HH3 works for me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 555

BT sent me a new hub and thankfully they sent a HH4. After installing and on the 3rd day of running the wifi hasn't dropped. We all knew it was HH3. It just takes a while to convince BT
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 555

I have been having the same problem with my HH3 for last couple of months. How do I get a replacement ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 555

@loobs72 wrote:
I have been having the same problem with my HH3 for last couple of months. How do I get a replacement ?

Ask BT for a HH4, you may have to renew your contract, and pay postage.

Or buy you own router, they are not expensive.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 555

If I buy my own will BT still support it though? How do I know the problem is with my hub and not the White openreach box?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 555

The wireless signal comes from the home hub, if you read all of this thread you will see its the HH3 whch is the issue.

I would ring BT first, and see what they can offer.

They will not support a different wireless router, but other routers work just fine, even some of the cheap cable routers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 555

I have exactly the same issue,

Hardwired speed fine, but having to reboot the router on a daily basis as wireless speeds dropping to around 1 Mbps , Phoned 'technical support,' ( a contradiction of terms for BT) who after 90 mins of very basic diagnostic & patronising  e.g. 'is the router turned on'? or 'did you know wireless is affected if you are further away form the router'  I was eventually informed yes my router is faulty.

The technical support was a joke & was epitomised when they said try changing my HH3 to 5Ghz from 2.4Ghz.  I informed them that HH3 does not have this capability but they insisted it does & also said if I can't do this then they can't help!  Seriously??!!

I am now trying to get a replacement router but BT are saying my router is out of warranty despite the fact I renewed for a further 12 months in Jan 2015. 

Is there a better number for BT complaints?  apart from the usual number 0800 111 4567?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 555

BT have said there is nothing wrong with my hub if wired connections are ok but that seems the same for others on here who say they have similar problems to me so I'm not sure what I'm meant to do
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 555

Would it be worth stickying this thread to keep it as a central point of reference for these issues maybe?

Seems that BT aren't linking together the multiple incidents to be able to associate to what is increasingly becoming clear to be an underlying problem here?

This along with working hours is what is stopping me going further through the hoops with BT myself at the moment - if I know that there isn't anything the first/second lines will be able to come back with because it hasn't been identified beyond that point then it can only lead to frustration on both sides of the call!

0 Ratings