cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monikam72
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

HH3 - Infinity - WiFi problem

hello, i have a problem with the router - HH3, when my laptop using the wifi network my favourite websites don't work and my favorite games don't want to open , but when I use a desktop computer and an internet connection is by cable that everything runs well, what's up ?? any problems with ports ?? please  someone fix it for me this problem ? thank You.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: HH3 - Infinity - WiFi problem

Have you tried a factory reset of the home hub 3?

What happens if you connect the laptop using an Ethernet cable, with the laptop wireless card turned off?

Have you tried a different web browser on the laptop?

0 Ratings
monikam72
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Yes, i have tried, but it hasn't worked

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@monikam72 wrote:

Yes, i have tried, but it hasn't worked

Tried which thing? The laptop with an Ethernet connection?

There is nothing on the home hub that would only affect wireless, its usually an issue with the wireless connected device.

0 Ratings
monikam72
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I  had once a similar problem on a desktop computer with a connection by cable and  I called BTand  after they unlocked  some ports. Maybe i have the same problem with wi-fi ??

0 Ratings
monikam72
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

i have tried a factory reset, a different web browser on the laptop - still not working, with the cable everything is working well.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Check the network setting on the laptop wireless interface, and make sure they are the same as the Local Area Network settings.

Normally they should be set to automatically get the IP address and DNS settings automatically.

0 Ratings
monikam72
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Fixed.Thank You so much. This has helped.

"

Enabling ICS

To enable ICS, on your host computer:

1. Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, typeadapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

2. Right-click the connection that you want to share, and then click Properties.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Click the Sharing tab, and then select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection check box."

0 Ratings