cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cynet
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

HH3 Orange Light!

Okay on second HH3 now, line has no issues so need for the testing malarky.

Set new hub up Thursday, no problems all day and night.
Friday & Saturday after 8pm and 9pm the orange light twice for over a 2 minute period.
Sunday night once after 10pm for less than a minute.
Monday all day and night no orange light.
Tonight after 8pm orange light for 5 mins this time and has been okay since.
Watched the router lights on all these incidents and the orange light goes straight to blue after the issue, no flashing mauve to blue , just goes to blue.
Is the orange light a sync issue or is it a lost of connection on the phone line?
Keep thinking that these routers are flawed,
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: HH3 Orange Light!

Im a little bit confused as to how you have ruled out the light, and you're on your second hub and it's still disconnecting. I'm presuming you've tried it in the test socket if you have one, and left it for 24 hours..... to monitor.
0 Ratings
cynet
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Done the tests and BT did that's why they sent new HH3 out, they ruled put internal and external line, cable issues.

So last thing to rule out was the router equipment.

Now same thing is happening again.
0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

If you run another line test http://goo.gl/J25w8 and post back here for reference.  I wonder if perhaps the line needs to be tested with all equiptment on the line unplugged.  And then contact the mods http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 for further assistance, I think you require a PTO to check the line.

0 Ratings
cynet
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Done the line test says the line is fine and it stated I should check my equipment indoors.

Annoying as it only happens after 8pm with the new router, the old one was through out the day as well.
0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Hmmmm this leads me to think two conclusions, Either BT are right and the hub was faulty, and now it seems to be to do with evening interference, like Christmas lights, do you have them or your neighbours? And is your line overhead or underground? ORRR Your line could still be at fault, but more likely the first conclusion.
0 Ratings
cynet
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

No xmas lights and seems to be a evening issue now, the phone line is overhead.
0 Ratings
cynet
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Right didn't happen yesterday but happened after 8pm tonight for 5 mins.

Puzzled in why this is happening.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

it sounds more like a noise issue that is causing disconnections than anything else

Have a look at RogerB's post on this link there maybe something there that helps http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397
0 Ratings