Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitt
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

HH3 USB question

Go to solution

Had my Infinity installed yesterday, by & large I'm happy with it so far and have spent the last 24hrs setting up my network and getting to grips with the Hub's options.

The one thing I can't seem to get my head around is the use of the USB socket! I have a hard drive with movies on that I was hoping to stream around the network, but it says the files are not supported - these are AVI's, so I thought it wouldn't be an issue.

I've also tried a USB stick with .mp3's on it which I can't see to play them in Media Player ...where am I going wrong?

thanks. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: HH3 USB question

Go to solution

Hi Kitt

I haven't got my HH3 yet.... should be next week so didn't know it had one!!!!.

But I noticed this THREAD might be of interest.... Something about the formatting type of what you plug into the hub's USB socket.

"I did read somewhare that a member was using a HDD in this was, but it only work when it's formatted to FAT32. When I got my HDD is was formatted to FAT32"

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Kitt
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The blurb says it should work with FAT16, 32 & NTFS, but I'll give FAT32 a try.

thanks for the help. 

0 Ratings
Kitt
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

right ...I've formatted the drive to fat32 and the hub no longer reports it as "file type not supported", but I still don't see it on any networked machines.

Any help appreciated.

thanks. 

0 Ratings
Kinky
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Kitt,

For older HHs the following worked:

http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/howto1.html#type6

There's no harm trying similiar.  I will be doing the same as you in the coming days.

seab20
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Not sure how it works on older operating systems but on vista and windows 7 you should just go into network (look on the sidebar when your on my computer or any folder) then there should be a computer listed as BTHUB3 open it up and there you go...

0 Ratings
Kitt
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Sorted! Kinky's link has the answer - but there are a lot of different options to choose from and I tried a few before getting to the one that worked. 

I mapped the drive to \\192.168.1.254\usb3 and it now shows up in explorer in Windows 7.

Thanks for the suggestions and help guys, much appreciated. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings