Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 25

Re: HH3 Wireless speed drops but ethernet remains fast

You would lose the BTWifi signal from the Homehub but you would still be able to use BTWifi when out and about as long as you don't opt out of BTWifi.

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 12 of 25

It's a difficult one as each person's problem may indeed be unrelated, but from what I've seen on the net (the same as you), it does appear that this is a common issue with HH3.

I have an ongoing dialogue with BT on this - and did mail them earlier today referring to the various similar issues reported just on one day - so am still hopeful that I may get a more responsive answer than just RTFM or the Microsoft standard of 'turn it off and on'.

0 Ratings
mrfulf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Thanks for clarifying the position re the BTWifi signal.

0 Ratings
alex_dm86
Beginner
Message 14 of 25

Hi, just to add more fuel to the fire:

I am having a terrible time at the moment with the HH3. Getting absolutely nowhere with the call centre based in India. Just the usual rubbish such as restarting, testing phone lines (7 min wait  - yawn!), moving router to different places etc...Re-setting the router will work temporarily. 

My wired speed is always a nice 65+mbps...Wireless can be anywhere from 45-65...Except after a few hours it just suddenly clonks out to 1.5-3.00mbps... The thing that seems to be knocking it down is streaming. If I watch a YouTube video or stream iPlayer etc, it usually plays okay...But then I run a speed test shortly after finishing and you can pretty much guarantee it will be a whopping 1.5mbps!

Getting really annoyed at them now because I just get given the whole "we can't guarantee wireless speeds" excuse. Tempted to just throw the towel in with them. First year on Infinity was a breeze. Just renewed contact the other week so hoping for a get out clause. 

Last resort - to buy my own router?? 

0 Ratings
robins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 25

Thanks everyone for contributing.

It would be nice if someone from BT such as an engineer could at least respond with a possible solution?

Maybe HH3 needs a firmware update, I refuse to spend money on another router just to fix this wireless speed issue and spend time on a phone to a call centre in India too.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 25

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts so it is unlikely you will get a BT engineer responding.

It is very unlikely that BT will do any further software updates for the HH3.

You have tried all the things that would normally be suggested such as change channel, hub reset etc.

You were given a possible solution in message 9 "You could try and get a replacement Homehub from BT" but you will only get that if you contact the Customer Services and report a fault. You will have to go though their script sheet until the reach the part "replace Homehub" but they will eventually get there.

0 Ratings
robins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 25

Thanks, I'll have to try and "blag" a HH5 router then via a customer service advisor reading from a script.

It appears to be a "common" problem though with HH3 upon searches and still no helpful answers from BT other than patronizing responses.

A nice way to make money off customers by indirectly forcing them upgrade due to faulty hardware/buggy software.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 25

Before you think the HH5 is the be all and end all have a read through the forum about the problems with that. If you do get one you should not dispose of your Openreach modem. You may find that to maintain a stable connection with the HH5 you will need to connect it through the Openreach modem.

As I said, if it were me I would bin the Homehubs and spend a few pounds and have a good stable wireless and wired connection and no more stress.

There are very few people come onto this forum with problems when they are using their own router.

0 Ratings
robins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Thanks for the advice, appreciated.

0 Ratings
AndyJWS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 25

Just adding to the list of those affected - also on HH3 (mine just over 2 1/2 years old) and issues started at around the same time - seems more than a coincidence! How do we get this to show to BT in a way that flags that there is clearly a linked underlying problem here, as raising through Helpdesk they'll just go down as incidents that won't get tied together otherwise?

0 Ratings