cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 25

Re: HH3 Wireless speed drops but ethernet remains fast

I too have also noticed slowdowns over Wifi. Have had HH3 for around 3years now. Resetting HH3 only aprox 38Mb DL 12 UL

Stream some stuff, normally 1st thing I stream will be fine then goto watch something else and get hit with horrendous buffering issues check my speeds using BT checker and the Openreach speed is still around 38Mb  but speed to Pc is around 5Mb Dl 6Mb UL untill I do another Reboot.

This problem has only started happening maybe 6weeks ago. Seems a mass hardware failure occuring here.

If anyone has a cure plz post.

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 22 of 25

I have an open issue with them (although they are not replying to EMails at the moment) where I have pointed out that there were three or four posts on 1 day with the same issue and referred them back here. I also asked the exact same question - ie that if they simply tell people to reboot or RTFM, then that is obscurring what may actually be a problem with the HH3 - and how would then anyone know?

I had hoped that this forum would have at least been trawled by BT Techs to see what/whether 'similar' repetetive  issues were occurring, but that doesn't seem to be the case from what's been said. So it does question what the 'route' is for actually reporting issues at BT and how their management there collate them and understand what types of issues they're having.

0 Ratings
Andrew_M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 25

This morning routers back to http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4149014877 Bts speedtest show Openreach box @ 38Mb

Reboot Hub only

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4149031207

0 Ratings
mrfulf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 25

Just for the record my ethernet connection remains at a steady 37'ish, wifi was down to abt 1 overnight but back upto full speed after a reboot.  Haven't heard anything more from BT apart from issue solved, which it isn't, and have told them so.

Re possible third party replacement most of the cheaper ones support upto profile 17a whereas its possible that BT may require profile 30a in the future.    Does anybody know how likely this is and when?   (Not sure whether to start a new post with this?)

Thanks

0 Ratings
robins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 25

Fortunately I have a spare RJ45 cable which is 10 metres long I'm going to plug into my laptop from now on, I'm sick and tired of these wireless speed drops and a lack of an available solution other than to buy a new wireless router.

Restarting the router does help for a few hours (sometimes) but not always as I've just tried now.

Laptop (wireless).

Laptop

PC (ethernet cable).

PC

Edit - I restarted the router again, wifi speeds are back to normal for the time being. I gaurantee it will drop to below 5mb/s in a few hours.

Laptop (wireless)

Laptop

0 Ratings