cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

HH3 connection drops.

So my HH3 is constantly dropping connection to my Infinity broadband. 

It happens every 30 minutes, like clockwork, all the lights stay blue during the drop and it usually lasts 2 minutes, but can take up to 10 minutes for my connection to return.

This is the error msg Chrome gives: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cS5Dbd-joLg/Tm2BVmbhIMI/AAAAAAAABE0/XsCduwYbPSs/s1600/google+chrome+dns+lo...

When it happens it shuts off any connections I have, I've tried Wireless (WiFi at long and short range) and Wired (ethernet) connections and it happens on both. It's got to the point were I can't work from home, I can't watch anything online and I can't play any games online.

I was hoping someone on here could help me as every time I contact BT Support they aren't every 'technical' or much help.

My problem seems similar to this: http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/HH3-constantly-dropping-broadband-Weird-BT-Speedtest-Results/...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: HH3 connection drops.

What happens to the lights on the modem when this happens?

Does this only happen on one device or more?
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

All the lights stay blue and the connection drops on all devices.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

The blue lights are on the home hub. What about the lights on the modem, do any of these go off when the wireless connection drops?

Although the modem doesnt provide the wireless connection, if any lights go off on the modem but stay on the home hub, this would tend to suggest an issue causing the modem to drop the line which is manifesting itself when all devices lose the wireless connection.

My HH3 dropped wireless a couple of times but the blue light stayed blue. Im now using a Netgear WNDR4500.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I've never looked at the modem, I'll have a look next time it happens. Thanks for the reply.

0 Ratings