I am getting fairly frustrated with the problem in that I set my Win 2008 R2 server on DHCp and tell the router to "always use" 192.168.1.75. My remote services all work when i setup the port forwarding but when I come back the next morning not nothing works and my router table shows the detail below.
I have tried another HH3 but wondering if this is a firmware problem in the router or is there any reason why Win 2008 r2 would cause this problem?
Any advice as I am at the end of my rope here?
Forget about using DHCP on the home hub 3, as it keeps renewing the IP address regardless.
See my section about using Static IP addresses, on my help pages below, currently item 17.
I did configure my server network card with 192.168.1.10 so it was an IP outwidth the DHCP range. I still got the same problem.
I am not ready to say for certainty that the router is at fault and need to elimate if it is a server role I have installed doing something odd. This is doubt full as other devices randomly didn't show up but want to check. So I have borrowed another router and will hopefully test tongiht.
Reading the rest of your site mate 🙂
Once you have configured your server to a static IP address, you must remove any entry in the DHCP table of the home hub. On the earlier home hubs you could just delete the name of the device and it was gone.
Not sure about the HH3, you may have to reset it to factory default.
Looking at your logs, its still trying to allocate and address from the DCHP pool, which is why you are having problems.