Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanedge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

HH3 no software upgrade has occurred and HH3 keeps restarting

Hi,

My HH3 has been installed for a while now, over 4 months, and no software upgrade has ever occurred on it. Currently the Software version is 4.7.5.1.83.8.57 (Type A). The hub works fine and I am getting a speed out of it that is fine for the exchange I am on and the distance from the exchange. The hub now seems to be restarting itself at about 03:15hrs every day. This has been going on since the 7th. June and will last for anything from 1 - 9 days constantly restarting at about the same time every day. This is the message logged into the router last night when the restart occurs:

( 29.860000) Auto channel selection (reason 'Power up') is complete. Selected channel: 6, noise data: 1-(-111) 2-(-112) 3-(-112) 4-(-112) 5-(-112) 6-(-112) 7-(-113) 8-(-110) 9-(-110) 10-(-110) 11-(-110) 12-(-112) 13-(-113).

Could this be the software upgrade trying to install or is there another issue? The settings on the HH3 are basically factory settings. My concern is that with all this restarting is my profile being affected and by association am I getting the best speed possible.

The last restart was last night and below I have posted the current settings. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks Alan.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 06:17:01
Downstream:3.125 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):9.9 dB / 23.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):55.1 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):18.1 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):669768 / 3
CRC Events (Down/Up):2652 / 3
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):1799 / 5
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):

2458 / 4

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: HH3 no software upgrade has occurred and HH3 keeps restarting

your noise margin is a little higher than normal but nothing to worry about it looks like the hub may be trying to update you could try to do a factory reset of the hub and see if that solves the problem
0 Ratings
alanedge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your response. I will do the reset and report back as to whether that has fixed both issues.

Alan.

0 Ratings
alanedge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Well, factory reset of HH3 was done on the 18/7/13 and since then the hub has stopped restarting but the software has still not been upgraded. I know that BT is slow sometimes but not downloading the latest SW now for nearly 2 weeks seems to be ultra slow. Just hope they decide to download at some time in the future!

Alan.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

just leave it it will update when ready
0 Ratings
alanedge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

mmm...now 6 weeks and still no upgrade..Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

do not worry about it it will only update when ready as the hub is updated in batches
0 Ratings