cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ipswichblade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

HH3 to WII

I changed to a HH3 in December and since then have had a few problems with my printer which I have to use a work around to get it to work. Over Christmas I discovered that my daughters WII which worked ok with the previous home hub now won't hold its connection to enable her to play mario kart against others. I have searched the forum for solutions and tried a couple but without success. The game normally reaches the start of a race and then drops the connection.

So has anyone else had the problem and sorted it? Any help would be appreciated

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Ipswichblade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: HH3 to WII

Anyone got any ideas??

0 Ratings
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Hi Ipswitchblade,

Do you currently have any other WiFi devices and if so, do they drop as well?

You might want to try changing the channel to a less congested on, on your HomeHub's interface.

To do this, go to 192.168.1.254, Go to Settings -> Wireless and at the bottom, try changing the channel to 1, 6 or 11. These are usually the less congested ones.

(This is how you did it on the HomeHub 2.0, but I believe it is the same on the HomeHub 3).

I hope this helps

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
Ipswichblade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for your reply. I have already done the channel swapping to get the printer to work and a better wireless connection. I have also changed from b/g/n to b/g but this doesn't help the WII

0 Ratings
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

Okay. Out of interest, do the disconnections only occur on Mario Kart, or do they happen on other games?

What Signal Strength does your Wii get from your HH3?

Some things I recommend:

1. Check for Firmware Updates on your Wii,
2. Reset the HomeHub 3, and set it up again (Sometimes this can help flush any bad settings) or
3. Use your old HomeHub as a Wireless Access Point (WAP) for your Wii, and continue using your HomeHub 3 as a Modem/Router.

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
Ipswichblade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Again thanks for your reply

We haven't tried with any other games, not sure how many WII games we have that you play online but I will certainly try. The BBC Iplayer on the WII works ok although it is slow

With regards to the firmware updates, do you mean the WII if so I have done that without any issues.

I have also done the resetting of the hub.

I don't have my old big white hub as it had become faulty which is why I had to upgrade to the HH3 so its gone to the great recycling plant in the sky!!

0 Ratings
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

The only other things I can think of is (again) trying a different Wireless channel or going out and buying a cheap Wii USB - Ethernet Adaptor and connecting the Wii up to the HomeHub via a cable.

If the BBC iPlayer is slow, it could be the sign of a bad channel (Printing doesn't usually require massive amounts of bandwidth, which is why it may work perfectly).

If you have a laptop with wireless, try downloading inSSIDer and see if there are any other Wireless Access Points around you which could be utilizing the channel you are on.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

You could obtain a second hand home hub 1 or 2, and use that instead. The home hub 3 seems a bit lacking in some areas.
0 Ratings
Ipswichblade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Thanks again for the responses. I am seriously thinking of ditching the HH3 and buying a new router such as a Netgear. it is a real shame as I have never had any issue with my original hub (until it finally died after 6 years) and always had excellent service from BT. It does seem strange that HH1 or HH2 seem to be better than the latest version

0 Ratings