Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjmole
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

HH3 woes

Go to solution

I have the HH3 and for the last month or so it has been constantly dropping wifi.  Having had much experience in the past with BT India I flatly refuse to phone them - its just not worth my time.  In order to establish whether or not it really is my HH3 I've tried using another router - Netgear N600 DGND3700 (just replacing the HH3 connecting still to the modem supplied).  When I connect it up I get the usual "cannot connect to broadband" screen that comes up with the HH3 - it seems to think it is a HH3 and I can't seem to get round that even when typing in the 168.192.0.1 - any ideas how to get round this? Sorry if not explaining myself very well, I'm a bit of a novice, hopefully someone will understand what I'm saying - basically I want to access the netgear settings but its not letting me as it seems to think its a HH3.  I'm assuming that I can't use this as both modem and router on infinity

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: HH3 woes

Go to solution
Have you completely disconnected the HH3?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
cjmole
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Ray - yes I completely disconnected it - plugged the cable from the modem into the WAN port on the netgear - as I said I'm a bit of a novice...is there something else I should do?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

to enter the netgear it should be 192.168.0.1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
So you've plugged the router into the modem using the WAN socket on the router?

Have you set up a PPPOE connection on the router, using the login details - bthomehub@btbroadband.com ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
cjmole
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks both for taking the time.  This is the problem - I can't access the settings at all - I've tried the 192.168.0.1 which is the default but on screen it just shows the HH3 screen with the broadband can't connect message - I can't access the netgear at all - hence my frustration.  If I could access it and put in the settings I might get somewhere - but for whatever reason my computer refuses to accept its not the HH3

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

then disconnect modem from router then use ethernet cable to pc/laptop and then enter 192.168.0.1 and that shouls access the netgear and allow you to make changes.  after changes then reconenct the modem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
cjmole
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

OK I'll try that thank you 🙂

0 Ratings
cjmole
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Oo I've been moved!  Success - thank you that worked.  Now to see if my connection is any more stable with this router instead of the HH3 - fingers crossed

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings