cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

HH3

home hub 3 with latest software everytime i connect my daughters computer with 54mb G my 150mb N drops to 54mb G is there a fix and if not why not lol

recommend a router to replace?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: HH3

Wireless connnects at the speed of the slowest device. You could upgrade the computer`s wireless card.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

doesn't really matter which router you use, when mixing 802.11g & 802.11n the router will always default to the slowest for compatibility. best solution is to have either all 802.11g or 802.11n

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free your computer, use opensource
i'm a linux user & very happy about it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

"recommend a router to replace?"

Even easier and cheeper is to pop in a USB wireless n adapter.

I Use THIS TYPE  The mini size doesn't stick out from a Laptop too much. Spec HERE

There is an even smaller Nano Version .

The mini and nano would be ok in a laptop but the larger version would stick out too much imho.

There are many other manufacturers of these examples HERE.

I put comparison speed result pics at the bottom of THIS POST.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

i had a dlin 615 with ddrwt firmware on when i had cable and got 300mb all the time

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 6

The HH3 is not "true" dual channel. As with a lot of supposed dual channel routers  it goes down to the speed of the slowest wireless connection. True dual channel routers don't. Then again, they cost more.

0 Ratings