Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marshalexander99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

HH4 Wireless Issues

Hi

Has anyone had any problems with their HH4 and a Lenovo Laptop? Since getting a HH4 my laptop will keep dropping out the connection every now and again and won't get it back unless the laptop is restarted. Never had this issue with my O2 Thomson router and I'm not sure it's a wireless card thing (centrino 6300) as my other laptop is a dell with this card and has no problems at all. I've tried using only 2.4, 5.0 and have just enabled the bonding option on the router to see if that resolves the problem. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: HH4 Wireless Issues

have you tried selecting another wireless channel
0 Ratings
marshalexander99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

That's the only thing I haven't done as I thought it was supposed to be 'intelligent' enough to find the best channel....

0 Ratings
marshalexander99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

One other thing I have noticed is that when pinging the gateway there are a few drop outs occuring and the latency every now and again shoots right up also
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

have you checked driver is up to date from intel not windows as there looks like an update in july 2013

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
marshalexander99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

downloaded the latest update direct from intel the day I started having problems and has made no difference. I've tried changing the roaming aggressiveness settings, power settings, channel settings, older driver versions and it's not had any affect.
I've noticed that the DNS resolution is fairly poor as well No problems when using a network cable so I'm very confused. Without rebuilding my laptop I'm at a loss what to try next
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

it only select one of 3 channels switch it to manual and use inssider to locate a clear channel
0 Ratings
marshalexander99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

I've changed the channel so will see how that gets on.

Is it possible (without setting a static IP) to change the home hub's dns settings as the resolution is pretty poor (18 hops from a tracert isn't going to win any speed records!)

0 Ratings
marshalexander99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

After chopping and changing the channel that doesn't seem to have made any difference at all. I would imagine there must be some sort of incompatibility with my laptop and the router but without rebuilding the entire thing from scratch I've got no way of knowing for sure

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Try giving the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequency different SSids. Some computers seem to have a problem when both have the same name.

0 Ratings