Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
it-novice-
Beginner
Message 11 of 13

Re: HH4 and static IP addresses on home network

Go to solution

sorry to bother you but i have just been reading yur discussion with ceperman about settings on a HH4

i am a complete novice at this game so please dont treat me as anything else

i have a swann camera setup at a property away from where i live which i can view remotely using their app

the problem is that the i address at this property is constantly changing and i then cannot access the cameras until i go to the property and read the new ip address and enter it onto the app

is there a away to set the router to keeep the same ip address

thank you

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

There is no way to keep the same public IP address unless you have a business account.

What you need to do is sign up for a Dynamic DNS service such as NoIP or DynDNS. These services keep track of your address and you access the camera by means of a host name. It is exactly the same thing as accessing a webpage by using  www.whatever rather than by entering the IP address of the website.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

The Swann CCTV system comes with access to Swann's own DDNS service which will allow you to register your device and get a static IP address.

If you go to the Swann website and support and search for "How to Create a DDNS or Hostname" it will give you the necessary information 

0 Ratings