cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mas0x
Beginner
Message 1 of 26

HH5 Disconnections.

As the title say's... so just wanted to post to have a rant, I've been through the other threads and see plenty more of others facing the same problems as me!

So where to start.. since december 2014, I've had nothing but probelms with BT, after constant phone calls to get my line sorted it's still very unstable, I've done all the usual **bleep** that the customer service tells me do.

Still disconnecting daily!

Had a replacement router sent to me, still daily disconnections!

Had two enginners come out to me to check/test the line for faults, low and behold..... NO FAULTS FOUND!

I've been logging the disconnections since 5th FEB... see below!

5th FEB

2x disconnection.

6th FEB

2x disconnection.

7th FEB

4x Disconnection.

8th FEB

3x Disconnection.

9th

9x Disconnection. (1x = 1 hour (5am-6am))

10th FEB

6x Disconnection.

11th FEB

2x Disconnection.

Let me guess I should reset the router right?! <<-- like I've not tried!

I'm sure someone well tell me that they are not aware of probelms with the HH5, perhaps it's the firmware?

I'll continue to update this thread with my daily disconnections.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 26

Re: HH5 Disconnections.

Are these disconnections happening on a wired connection or on a wireless connection?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Same here - we've had an engineer out ten times to try and sort the problem.  Its much worse when it rains - we had 40 disconnections in the space of a couple of days.  They can't seem to find the problem although they say from the hub stats that they can see there is a problem - the line and signal attenuation jump from 13db to 48 db and upstream rate either likes to set itself at 1.2mb or 2.5mb depending on how its feeling.   The noise margin graph for upstream has been like watching a trampoline jumper 🙂   The strange thing is that the downstream rates don't vary much at all but having spoke to an engineer on another forum he thinks its likely to be a high resistance fault that would need to be found when its actually playing up.  Wouldn't you think in this day and age there would be something they could attach to your line and leave it for a while!

Anyway, the upshot is that I finally caved in, agreed with the Mod that we could do no more until there was a chance of persistant rain, and bought a Huawei 612 modem to pair with the HH5.  That has stabilised the connection although the proof in the pudding will be rain!  The line stats are still moving but the modem holds on much better that the HH5 and interleaving is reducing if only slightly.

It really shouldn't be down to the consumer to have to buy extra equipment to try and get a stable connection - infinity isn't a cheap option!! 

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 26

Its not a HR fault if it's worse when it rains.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 5 of 26

If the line keeps coming back no fault found & passes the quiet line tests......

Then possibly research using a eci/r or hg612 modem* with the hh5 or get a 3rd party router {asus/netgear ect}

{*With The unlocked modems you can also see the line stats and switch on/off certain options as well..}

The with the modems being bt based, everything "just works" including the tv box thingy , which can be difficult on 3rd party routers or high end all-in-one devices.

Downside is , the need for an extra plug socket and more "spaghetti" on show. 

For what ever reason , the HH5 can be great on most lines , but a not so good on others  {mine included}

0 Ratings
Mas0x
Beginner
Message 6 of 26

Wired.

Got a MK3 socket for RAIN.

0 Ratings
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

I've just put a few of the strange stats below - as I say, we won't know how successful the openreach modem is until it rains a lot but the stats below are from the HH5 when its raining.  If its not an HR fault Ray, what would you suggest?

1. Maximum data rate: 1225 / 19120
  2. Noise margin: 6.3 / 5.4
  3. Line attenuation: 13.5 / 31.3
  4. Signal attenuation: 13.5 / 25.9

1. Data rate: 867 / 14440
  2. Maximum data rate: 1061 / 18375
  3. Noise margin: 6.0 / 6.4
  4. Line attenuation: 47.4 / 31.3
  5. Signal attenuation: 13.5 / 25.9

1. Data rate: 1866 / 14869
  2. Maximum data rate: 2259 / 18924
  3. Noise margin: 5.9 / 6.3
  4. Line attenuation: 39.9 / 31.3
  5. Signal attenuation: 39.1 / 26.0

This is what happens when we get rain

Noise margin.jpg

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 26

Can you post your line stats from the HH5 please? These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254

Lines 1-13 will be enough

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Mas0x - if its any help, the HH5 is behaving itself with the openreach modem.  I was going to replace it but I've decided to leave it for the time being and see how it goes.  We don't have any problems with it as far as Wifi is concerned but the computers and the BT tv box are all wired connections.

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 26

Clearly a battery fault not a HR fault.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings