cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoanJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

HH5 Gigabit port speed issue

I have one end of the house my HH5 connected to my 4tb NAS drive and a cat5e cable from the HH5 to a wireless N900 WD router into the Internet connection in my living room. After setting this up i noted transfer speeds between connected devices to the NAS slow and after investigation the HH5 is reporting a connection speed of 100meg and not the 1Gig I originally had. I have also tried a TP Link W8980 router which also connects at 100meg. I have reset all items back to factory defaults and resetup, and replaced the cat5e cable. Any ideas to bring back my 1Gig connection?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: HH5 Gigabit port speed issue

For Gigabit ethernet to work you must be connected to a GigE port on the router (I believe all 4 ethernet ports on the HH5 are GigE?), use a cat5 or higher cable with 4 pairs (8 wires) connected, and the device must be GigE compatible.

Do all the devices in the path support GigE?
Are you using cables with 8 wires connected at the plugs?
0 Ratings
yoanJ
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: HH5 Gigabit port speed issue

Yes all cables used are Cat5e manufactured cables. Both the N900 Western Digital and TP Link W8980 routers are both Gigabit port routers. I just tried to connect over the cable to my Macbook and it will not connect at 1gig connection, if I set back to 100meg it connects to the HH5, Looks like a cable issue to me. I'll have to invest in a new cable and get up in the attic! 😞 

0 Ratings