So I had BT infinity HH5 installed on the 15th of April, and all was working fine intially. Since then I've had to reset the hub a couple of times (turn off at the wall and back on again after 30s - well all know the drill) which has up to now resolved any issues.
Then on Tuesday (6th of May) i get an orange light with the flashing red "B" on the front of the hub. Turning off and back on again hasn't fixed it. I've called BT who they took me through the normal stuff and did a line test and they told me they couldn't find any fault, and someone is meant to call me today, but I'm struggling to believe they're going to be able to resolve this over the phone.
Interestingly, i tried this link that i found on another post (http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome) and when i put my number in it says there is no data for it, and that this could be because my account hasn't been activated...Is this just simply that BT have screwed my account up somehow or does this sound like something a bit more technically involved?
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!
NB - I stay in Aberdeen city center, and according to the service status page, there are no known issues in my area...
Solved! Go to Solution.
First reported this on Tuesday 6th of May, was told it was being escalated to level 2 (whatever that means), got a call today and was told i had to be at the property for the checks. I took a few hours off work to ensure i was there, and when they called a the Indian chap told me that the check he did was inconcusive and that it needed to be escalated further, and that i wouldn't get a call until next Tuesday (13th of May). All of which could have been done without me wasting my time leaving work etc.
There are no known issues in Aberdeen at the moment, so i stressed that this must be a problem with my kit, or the line between my flat and the exchange, which surely could only be sorted by sending someone out to investigate. This was refused and my only option is to wait until next week now for the next step of this tenuous resolution process.
Quite frankly, this is ridiculous. I had Virgin Media when i lived just up the street and never had a connection problem. Not once. Every time i call to try and push this along no one seems to bother to want to help make this a quick and easy resolution.
How can it be working fine for 2 weeks and then all of a sudden i get nothing? This is an expensive product which i'm happy to pay for, but i expected quick resolutions for any issues and at least decent customer service.
Can anybody help with this?
At this rate, BT Indian customer service are going to take weeks to resolve.
I would like to take a look at the fault report on your account. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?
Thanks for the reply. I've been to the link and submitted my details. Note that i don't have a phone connected at my property, but i have given you my mobile number if you wish to contact me.
So just a quick update on this...
It turned out that my account had been de-activated in error, and my case was taken by a priority team who had to set up a new account and expedite my service to get it back online.
My phone and Broadband (ADSL to begin with) issues were solved in just under 2 weeks, and my infinity 2 is now online as of this morning, so all in all it took 20 days to resolve.
This might seem a while, but i was constantly kept in the loop as to where my case was at, and the moderator, Paddy was swift at picking up my message and helping me deal with the issues, thanks very much mate.
I was sceptical as to whether posting on the forum would really help resolve this any quicker, but i'm glad to say it did, as i believe i'd still be in the same situation if my case was only handled my the customer service call center in India.
Thanks for the update.......
Another success for the moderators..........