cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Awahwah
Contributor
Message 31 of 42

Re: HH5 - OPenRG reboots - new file download

Add me since the latest 'package' has been pushed out. I bet this thread is closed by a MOD soon.
0 Ratings
Awahwah
Contributor
Message 32 of 42

To add, since the package was pushed yesterday morning, 5 or so reboots right after BTs hub team log on.
I can't wait to be out of Contract, BT can keep this very poor service and I'll take my money elsewhere.
0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 33 of 42

I've had yet another OpenRG reboot since the last three. 

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 34 of 42

If it were not for a power cut on sunday my Unlocked HG612 3B would have been connected for  coming upto nearly 3 weeks.

The current stats say "Interleave off and 1 ES/hour"  which is the lowest error rate I've seen since using the HG612 3B 🙂

FEC: 0 0 CRC: 1 0 ES: 1 0SES: 0 0UAS: 0 0 LOS: 0 0 LOF: 0 0

I can not think of any reasons at the moment to go back to the HH5.

0 Ratings
karlos103
Contributor
Message 35 of 42

I have to agree ...im running my Homehub 5 through my openreach modem and not had any disconnects in weeks , before that on just hh5 i got a few PPP errors ...but not now ....nice and stable.

Im running an unlocked HG612 with ptm1.301 and BT agent turned off ....dont think i will go back to just the hh5 on its own till i know these disconnect issues are sorted.

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 36 of 42

Well I haven't had an OpenRG reboot since the four yesterday after the file was downloaded. That's 24hrs since the last one. I can only assume pushing out these files caused a bit of instability in the system. Not a very technical explanation but if anyone has a better explanation...

0 Ratings
Leg2ion
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 42

NeilO wrote:

The Hub team have provided us with an explanation about the “5a.1.10-bundle5app” entries on your hub manager.  

This is a package of applications which sit on top of the firmware and is designed to maintain the performance of your Hub.

Cheers

Neil

OK, so what do they actually do?

Of note is my HH5 downloaded them on Thursday, and since then I have had no notifications of PPP/LCP; CWMP or OpenRG reboots, which up until that point appeared on a daily basis.

I have now carried out a full factory reset (at the risk of upsetting the DLM gods) to clear out the HH log, and will continue to monitor.

Just need to sort out my ever decreasing speed now! (which doing the above probably didn't help)

If a HH5 was being rebooted every day/night on a regular basis, would it/could it provoke DLM, or would that be considered too infrequent to affect things?

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 42

Got a new HomeHub 5 last Friday. Was connected solidly on 1.4 firmware until yesterday (1am Sunday Morning) when it then updated to the 1.6 firmware.

Ever since then i'm getting reboots every 90 minutes or so everytime the system wants to tweak the upload data rate Smiley Mad

BT - it's clear this v1.6 firmware is causing reboot issues - are you deliberately trying to get us all DLM'd down with high noise margins? I have just spent over £50 on your wonderful latest hub to be rewarded like this?

Have seen that my hub has just downloaded this '5a.1.10-bundle5app' 'package' however. Not installed yet though.

0 Ratings
Leg2ion
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 42

Colin,

It isn't a new firmware, if you read back through this thread, according to BT 'This is a package of applications which sit on top of the firmware and is designed to maintain the performance of your Hub'.

I must admit, since my HH upgraded itself to the latest firmware, my laptop, which is connected to the 5ghz signal, disconnects on a frequent basis reporting that the DNS server isn't responding.

Additionally my upload speed has probably halved from around 17mb to between 7-9mb, and my download has now dropped from 43 ish to 32 ish....

However, things seem to have settled down within the HH after the 'package of apps' was delivered, and since the download the hub hasn't suffered any reboots.

0 Ratings
AJWard
Contributor
Message 40 of 42

Well my Hub5 has never managed more than three days uptime.

I got the new "package" last week and hoped for a cure to the reboots. Got to three days and 12 hrs and boom - it reset.

Have ordered an unlocked modem so will move to that once it arrives.

0 Ratings