Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanH1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

HH5 Port Forwarding issues

Hi guys,

I've been trying for a couple of weeks now to try and forward a port from my HH5 but to no avail. What seems like such a simple task has got me puzzled. I've watched videos on YouTube and prowled loads of forums but still can't seem to do anything.
I'm using a static ip address on the PC I'm trying to forward to and I've switched between upnp on/off but nothing and also tried Dhcp on/off but again no progress. To see if the port is open i go into cmd on my pc and type "netstat -a". The port in question is UDP 3290 - If that makes any difference. I'm fairly new to this so happy to follow any advice anyone has.

Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: HH5 Port Forwarding issues

This page should help.

Port forwarding problems

0 Ratings
umbr3lla
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I have the same problem. 

I've opened up some ports that I wish to use in the advanced settings then under port fowarding under firewall.

I've set the ports I want to open up and assigned it to the devices ip address from the drop down list.  However when I do a port scan it doesn't show that the port is open.  I have rebooted the router and that made no difference.

Also what I noticed when I try to ping my real world IP address the pings are unsuccessful.  I disabled the firewall on the HH5 but again no difference.  

I am using BT Home Hub 5 - Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 (Type A).

Really confused.  Any help would be appreciated as I cannot access some devices from outside the network.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Have you disabled UPnP?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Did you check that you are not on CG-NAT, as described on my port forwarding link?

0 Ratings