Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trevrobwhite
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

HH5 Reducing Static Noise

Go to solution
Hi all,
I have the HH5, this is the second box I've had as the first developed a fault.

One thing I find really annoying is that during data transfer the HH emits a very high pitched clicking noise. If your watching streamed TV this is extremely annoying. (Both boxes do this)

I've read it's something to do with the power switching inside the box and was wondering if there is any way to reduce this? Turing off/changing frequency etc.

My sky router never made a sound.

Many thanks in advance.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: HH5 Reducing Static Noise

Go to solution

Really strange both your hands have the same noise. It should be quiet so I would go to customer services and see about another replacement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
trevrobwhite
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
It's not really loud more of a high pressure noise. I take it the no should be silent then?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I don't have any noise from my hh5a when transferring data

is it the hub or possible the power supply

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
trevrobwhite
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
No it's definitely the hub. I will get on to BT I think see if they can swap it out. Many thanks.
0 Ratings