Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mflinster
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

HH5 Xbox One issues

Go to solution
Recently moved house and got my broadband installed a few days ago. The time came to set up my Xbox all was fine until I see the moderate NAT setting, I've managed to get it to open but services like Sky go, 4 on demand and bbc I player refuse to load videos and sometimes even the application itself. Now am almost positive it's something to do with the HH5 because when connected to an alternative network everything works as it should.

Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated, starting to get frustrated with it.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: HH5 Xbox One issues

Go to solution

have you tried using the search facility as there are numerous posts about xbox problems  here is one https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Nat-Type-Strict-on-Xbox-One-with-BT-Home-Hub-5/m...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mflinster
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Yes that solves my NAT issue but still got issues with streaming services.

Netflix
Bbc I player
Amazing video
Sky go
4 on demand

All of the above do not work on the Xbox 😕
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
try a factory reset of the hub using the pinhole at the rear of the hub
0 Ratings
mflinster
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Still doesnt work Robot Frustrated

0 Ratings
mflinster
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Seem to have found a solution, disabled Smart Set up in the home hub settings. can finally "netflix and chill" Smiley LOL

RobbieMac
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @mflinster

Great to see you have found the solution and more importantly, found it yourself!! 

Kudos!!

Robbie

0 Ratings
1ooyroldman
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Re: HH5 Xbox One IP SEC pass-through???help

Go to solution

Can anyone help me.

My xbox one keeps changing primary and secondary I.P settings, if i go in to the xbox 'settings' i can actually watch them change on screen, profile signing in and out rapidly, youtube signs out but it all happens intermittentley.

Has been going on for about 4 months now so i have turned to the bt community for help Xbox told me to call BTand ask them about "IP-sec passthrough" what that means i have know idea.

Costing me a fortune calling xbox to no end. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

0 Ratings