cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: HH5 alternative modems...

Yes, the VDSL openreach modems is what the original infinity installs used connected to a router. So you had 2 devices. That was when infinity was engineer installed rather than a diy install.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

@Soyuz wrote:

Yes, the VDSL openreach modems is what the original infinity installs used connected to a router. So you had 2 devices. That was when infinity was engineer installed rather than a diy install.

ok cool thanks for clarifying.

dont see any reason why i should go down that path.

will look at getting the 9980 modem..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

@ray_dorset wrote:
Does it work with BT TV ?

According to a review on Amazon, yes. I can't confirm that as I don't have BT TV.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 16

Good reviews on Amazon
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 15 of 16

"....dont see any reason why i should go down that path."

Stabiliy is the main reason for using separate modem and router setup as the Guru's on here highlight often....

I still find it interesting that some of the more business oriented isp still pay openreach to install vdsl modems rather than supply all-in-ones . Even more surprisingly BTRetail's sister isp plusnet does as well :shock: 🙂

With the  Tplink if you not have already, have a look on  kitz as I believe it has a similar chip to the  eci/r.

I have the unlocked version of the eci/r and its excellent* so if the tplink is the same its a thumbs up from me....-

*might just be down to being on a green eci street box though?

That billion also seems a good option as it looks simular to the hg612 ? for the  mointoring progammes which  do graphs n' charts.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

That's the only downside to the tp link, it only gives the basic line stats, attenuation,snr etc no error info. Also you can't use a router stats programme to graph the info as the login is web page rather than a pop-up box that the programme needs to be able to login to the router.
0 Ratings