Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burnedrope
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

HH5 has started rebooting multiple times daily again

Go to solution

When I first got BT Infinity and my HH5 I was annoyed that the router rebooted itself 1/2x a day. It stopped doing it about 9 months ago and I'd regularly get 6/7 days before a reboot. In the last 2 weeks it has started again and I'm getting beyond sick of it.

Nothing has changed at my end, the router firmare is still from June 2015, and I really CBA talking to a technician over the phone because they just drag it on and on and never actually resolve anything.

How do I get a new HH6 or can you recommend a third-party router to try and install?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: HH5 has started rebooting multiple times daily again

Go to solution

Hi,

A third party modem/router is the way to go.  When I got Infinity the Hub 5 was dropping connection and occasionally rebooting in the few days I used it waiting for a replacement router, just like the Hub 3 when on ADSL.  Asus, Billion and TP-Link all have good reports from forum users.  Depends on exactly the features you need and the amount you have to spend.  TP-Link start around the £30 to £40 mark and most people seem quite happy with their performance.  Just remember to gar one for VDSL.

0 Ratings
Burnedrope
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: HH5 has started rebooting multiple times daily again

Go to solution

Well I decided to renew my contract in order to get HH6. It rebooted within 24hrs (presumably to take an update) but since then hasn't kicked me off:

Network uptime:

7 Days, 6 Hours 25 Minutes

System uptime:

8 Days, 3 Hours 15 Minutes

I hope it stays this way.

0 Ratings