cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 151 of 423

Re: HH5 replacement - New BT Smart Hub

The user guides are at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10477/~/user-guides-for-bt-broadband-and-bt-infinity-... but not very informative

I guess they are designed for BT's typical plug and forget users..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 152 of 423

Well, I thought the Hub looked interesting,enough to pre-register my interest and expect a special offer or something.

I've just seen my 18mth contract come to end and the cost of my Infinity 2 rising by £8.50/mth and with a further increase of £2-3 next month. I'm certainly not very happy about that,  but to add insult to injury my exclusive offer email yesterday reads 

"All you have to do is simply sign up to your existing infinity package for an extra £11.15 per month for another 18 months. If you sign up for this package by 2 July, you will avoid the broadband price rise we wrote to you about in May this year."

BT are joking with me/us aren't they?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 153 of 423

@cliveybme wrote:

Well, I thought the Hub looked interesting,enough to pre-register my interest and expect a special offer or something.

I've just seen my 18mth contract come to end and the cost of my Infinity 2 rising by £8.50/mth and with a further increase of £2-3 next month.

Re: the price. Have you tried https://www.bt.com/myoffer or calling the customer options team? You will probably find they offer you a better retention deal..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 154 of 423

The manual only shows 3 Ethernet ports on the FTTP version of the Smarthub. This is a downgrade on the Homehub5. I'm currently using three ports and if a femtocell eventually arrives that would take another port unless, of course, it's built into the Smarthub. Mind you I'm very unlikely to get FTTP where I live!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 155 of 423

like the hub 4&5 it has 4 ports not 3 the manual I have seen shows 4 not sure why you are seeing 3
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 156 of 423

You'll need to look at BT's FTTP manual for the Smarthub to see this. It shows 3 gigabit ports and one marked as WAN. My Homehub5 has four gigabit ports (yellow) and one (red) WAN port. So users with FTTP will only get three "spare" ports with the Smarthub as opposed to four with a Homehub5. Just a slight downgrade that hasn't been picked up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 157 of 423

BT Smart Hub

Good morning,

I have just read the reviews of the new BT Smart Hub being launched, and they sound pretty good.  It also mentions that existing Infinity customers can get them for free (after re-signing with BT), any ideas where you can request one?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 158 of 423

yes have now seen that strange still easily overcome with a network switch connected to another port
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 159 of 423

Re: BT Smart Hub

@Grobiesuk

phone customer options on 0800 800 030  they should be able to help you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 160 of 423

Order goes through ok, when ordering through the response to the standard "register interest". But the continual pop-ups, to connect to online chat are an irritation. Either you follow BT's instructions and accept them, or not.

Seems to be yet another case of "you may be able to find some loophole".

When you look into it it is "free" in some sort of way, depending on your past recontracting history.

Not sure about delivery, though. I've never had our postman try to put a hub through my letterbox, even if it's a standard size aperture.

BT privacy is no longer free on my contract, but it had expired anyway.

0 Ratings