Did you mean: 
Kazzablanca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 161 of 423

Re: HH5 replacement - New BT Smart Hub

lol

I got this:

Thanks for your interest in the new BT Smart Hub

All you have to do is simply sign up to your existing infinity package for an extra £15.00 per month for another 18 months. If you sign up for this package by 2 July, you will avoid the broadband price rise we wrote to you about in May this year.

Once you have placed your order, we will pop your shiny new Hub in the post straight away. (And just so you know, delivery costs £7.95.) 

There are having people on. These type of offers are ludricrous.  Fortunatley I have just signed a new deal and would side step this like the plague. Check their customer option team for a loyalty deal.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 162 of 423

I got a far better deal at an extra £10.65 pm for 18 months

ROFL_C12.gif

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 163 of 423

That is a p*ss take. The email i received in May told me my Infinity cost would be increasing by 65p. So why would anyone sign up to pay and extra £15 (£270 total) to avoid the 65p and get a hub that you can buy for £50 without re-contracting. This must be a mistake surely?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 164 of 423

@pcfarrar

are the connection speeds shown in the hub stats correct?  does the data usage rseet at 4gb?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
berno
Contributor
Message 165 of 423

I just received this:

"All you have to do is simply sign up to your existing infinity package for an extra £2.94 per month for another 18 months. If you sign up for this package by 2 July, you will avoid the broadband price rise we wrote to you about in May this year. 

Once you have placed your order, we will pop your shiny new Hub in the post straight away. (And just so you know, delivery costs £7.95.)"

Where are they plucking these figures from?

0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 166 of 423

@imjolly wrote:

@pcfarrar

are the connection speeds shown in the hub stats correct?  does the data usage rseet at 4gb?

@imjolly

The connection speeds shown in the hub stats are correct on mine. It syncs at a slightly faster speed than my old HG612. Currently the sync is 54MB down and previously with the HG612 it was around 48-50.

I will check the usage stats when I get home but I'm pretty sure it exceeds 4GB. You can also now see logs of the individual data usage of all your devices.

0 Ratings
Message 167 of 423

I got an email saying I could get the hub for an Extra £2.40 a month

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 168 of 423

yes   that is good and helpful  also surprising if you have someone who is streaming tv programs at night and the amount of data they consume   thankfully I am on unlimited

0 Ratings
pigglett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 169 of 423

Just got the email

All you have to do is simply sign up to your existing infinity package for an extra £1.00 per month for another 18 months. If you sign up for this package by 2 July, you will avoid the broadband price rise we wrote to you about in May this year.

currently on infinity 2

not to bad for an extra £1

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 170 of 423

@ChrisB wrote:

The manual only shows 3 Ethernet ports on the FTTP version of the Smarthub. This is a downgrade on the Homehub5. I'm currently using three ports and if a femtocell eventually arrives that would take another port unless, of course, it's built into the Smarthub. Mind you I'm very unlikely to get FTTP where I live!

Theres only one version of the smart hub. For fttp users, one of the 4 Ethernet ports will be used for wan connection to the fibre ont. Slight step back but will no doubt have been done to make the unit cheaper.

0 Ratings