cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 271 of 423

Re: BT Smart Hub

That will be down to BT Smart Hub using a Broadcom chipset unlike the HH5A which used the lantiq chipset even if you have an ECI cabinet this 63137 R2 Broadcom chipset in the modem/router should perform better than a HH5A and wee bit better than a HH5B
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 272 of 423

I have a personalised offer from BT and have the ability to re-contract for 18 months. However, when I go through the process for re-contracting there is no option for the BT Smart Hub.

If I re-contract and check-out anyway, do I still get the BT Smart Hub anyway?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 273 of 423

No. If it doesn't mention the Smart Hub do not assume you will get one. 

If you really want one you should contact the Options Team and see what they will offer. Call 0800.800.030

0 Ratings
Message 274 of 423

Re: HH5 replacement - New BT Smart Hub

@Dippu wrote:
@imjolly My firmware ends with 21D0 and it was updated 27/04/16.

@Dippu, @imjolly

My hub firmware changed overnight from ...21DO to 21EC, version date:- 12.05.16.

I suppose that someone must know what changes are involved??

0 Ratings
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 275 of 423

Amazing......My Smart Hub was ordered 20th and shipped 22nd for delivery 23rd. Royal Mail site still shows they haven't received the unit from BT.

Just called BT (India) who have been told by Royal Mail it will take 2 days to investigate where the Hub is. Fair play to the lady at BT as she ordered me another Hub so I don't have to wait for Royal Mail to pull their finger out. The only problem was that she initially ordered me a HH5! Smiley Frustrated

So she cancelled that order and has now ordered me a "Home Hub 6" for delivery on Monday. Smiley Happy

Interesting as my original order was for a "BT Smart Hub".

The lady explained that if I eventually receive two hubs then to return one of them. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
lloydd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 276 of 423

Similar for me .. got an email at 10am yesterday morning saying dispatched but this morning the Royal Mail tracker still shows they haven't yet received from BT .. wonder if there is a delay at BT's end rather than Royal Mail?
0 Ratings
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 277 of 423

@lloydd I'd give them a call just in case. Better to have two on the way rather than none at all.
0 Ratings
Dippu
Expert
Message 278 of 423

@imjolly, @Ribblelancs yes my firmware also updated its software to 21EC overnight. BT dont tell us the changes unfortunately. My HH6 seem to be very active with TR69 this morning and had a couple of disconnections. Might settle down....hopefully.

0 Ratings
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 279 of 423

@Dippu I think it may be Brexit that's caused this.
0 Ratings
jparnell82
Expert
Message 280 of 423

hmmm. I ordered yesterday which has delivery date of today.

BT tracking says its still waiting to be dispatched. My order is for a 'BT Smarthub'

0 Ratings