cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 12

HH5 restarting - is anything actually happening?

One of the things that gets customers really fed up is the impression that nothing is happening with a problem. Looking on this forum there seem to be a lot of people with the HH5 random restart problem, myself included.

Now some people have suggested getting hold of another router will solve the problem. Whilst this may help there is no guarantee and I feel I have paid for this bit already and I really would like to have a HH5 which works properly. I never saw my HH3 on my old ADSL line restarting randomly so do not understand why this one does. Someone in BT must be working on solving this problem. Not asking for names of people who are looking at it or a date when it will be fixed. I'd just like to have a quick update describing what is being done.

Mods - please can we have an update?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12

Re: HH5 restarting - is anything actually happening?

Hi Johnkelly

We have been working with the Home Hub Development on the issues being presented on the forums. At present we are being advised there are no issues with the Home Hub 5.

Can you send me an email using the contact the mods link in my profile. I can have tests done to further investigate this issue.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 12

@JohnKelly, I know for a fact this is not an issue with the HH5 alone, BT seem to have rectified the issue (tempting fate here as I've now been connected on just the HH5 for over 3 days without incident) but are reluctant to actually tell me what has been done to fix it, assuming it is fixed.

Even worse you may be interested in reading my lateset post as they seem to have stopped the correspondence I've had for 2 months on these issues with my previously excellent handler and are refusing to do a simple reset after I've spent months helping BT with constant hardware swaps, see here:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-are-totally-unbelievable/td-p/1206369

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

There does appear to have been a Fix applied to BT Infrastructure. I bet a years sub's that they will not admit a thing especially if Open Reach are involved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Thanks to all who have been posting on this problem.

I have had the same loss of sync and connection problems as other posters.

I have yet to reach more than two and half days of uptime with the HH5.

Currently I am at 1.5 days. My inital connection was a 23Megs and due to restarts aplenty went down to 12Megs.

I have an alternative VDSL modem on order - but will see if things stabilise.

I also replaced the RJ11 cable yesterday morning with a thicker Belkin branded cable.

Looking at Error Logs this morning it seems that the dreaded '4 VALUE CHANGE' completed successfully.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Sadly BT haven't fixed the bit of the infrastructure I'm attached to.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I was told earlier that the hub 5 has a firmware update as of midnight last night. 

The lovely Macheala at BT Exeter says that they believe it's the equipment at the exchange that sends the updates to the hub that is responsible for the problem.

Currently at 1 days uptime. Let's see what happens.

Oh for a stable connection...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

@AJWard wrote:

I was told earlier that the hub 5 has a firmware update as of midnight last night. 

Not seen any update applied to my hub. I can see it reconnecting to the WAN again at 05:52 this morning 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 12

I haven’t had an OpenRG reboot since 22nd Feb. I had a few before that. The HH5 has reconnected itself two or three times since, maybe every ten days or so but it’s kept the same IP. address so no problems. No firmware update yet though, still 1.6.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 12

So can anyone confirm if there is a new firmware rolling out?

Does anyone have it yet or is this just more fiction from BT?
0 Ratings