cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sage
Message 1 of 7

HH5 what info do you consider neccessary in the GUI?

Stephanie suggested a couple of weeks back I create a post related to what information really should be available via the HH5 GUI.

As the unit is being trialled ATM by users I already know that the sync speeds are visable. These where added following input before the trial as I know they weren't planned.

Not a lot needs to be viewable by most users but if available can be of great help to those that help out on the forum with other users problems.  All we'd need to do is point them to where they can find the info and ask them to post it.

So what else do you suggest should be available and more importantly why?

One thing I think should also be added is the ability to see the SNR, again as a diagnostic tool.

I'll also add that respond to ICMP ping should be added as a feature so that those who wish can set up a TBB monitor.

What else and why?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: HH5 what info do you consider neccessary in the GUI?

I agree with the items you have suggested as being the most needed not sure if the attenuation figure would be a useful addition I will leave that as a discussion point
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

The ability to change DNS.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 7

@canveyboy wrote:

The ability to change DNS.

Seconded. It's trivial to program and shouldn't cause any extra CS calls as those who have no reason to change it won't.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

The ability to allocate a TCP/IP address to a connected device, rather than the ability to just confirm what's been allocated randomly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 7

@ajwh wrote:

The ability to allocate a TCP/IP address to a connected device, rather than the ability to just confirm what's been allocated randomly.

IP address reservation is the term your looking for.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

The ability to allow ICMP echo requests. 

0 Ratings