Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1 of 22

HH5a problems dropping connection

There are numerous posts on the infinity board where customers are experiencing severe connection problems with the HH5 dropping connection.  It appears to be especially since the last firmware update ....204.  I am also finding the problems with the HH5a dropping connection.  Initially the HH5a was stable for 90+ days and I have posted often on the forum to confirm this fact.

However  the connection dropped before christmas and before last firmware update and then started to reset every 14 days.  This was also found to be the case with other customers who posted on the forum.  this has now changed since firmware update and it not starting to drop connection every 24hrs again as has been posted by other customers on the forum.

some customers found the connection improved if they turned on the wireless function but I have wireless on permanently so there is a serious HH5a problem

Are BT looking into the problem?  do the Mods have any update on the problem?  need a firmware update to fix all the problems - when?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: HH5a problems dropping connection

The history of my hub and connection is a similar story.

I cant add to the posts about this other than here.

[Tried alll the usual fixes etc].

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 22

mods

any update??????????????

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 4 of 22

Hello,

Thanks for your posts about this.

We have messaged a number of forum members privately to get some specific information about the problems they're having, so we can feed this back to the Hub team.

We know a lot of people are complaining about this and it has been flagged to the Hub  team, so we're awaiting the outcome of their testing based on the examples they've received.

Will keep you posted, if we do need any further examples and any of you are affected (as you two have been) I will get in touch directly.

Sorry I don't have any more information, the Hub team is still investigating this.

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Thanks for the update Steph.
John.
AQ.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

thanks for the update

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 22

can you update with what I should expect to see if I have had the 'fix' applied   there are many posts on forum asking exactly same question

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 22

I was hoping the fix had solved the HH5a dropping connection but mine is still dropping connection after 14 days.  This is the second HH5a and both drop connection after 14 days.  any further fixes in pipeline as this is annoying?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

My hub is still dropping connection too imj...............

AQ.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

AQ

is your dropping daily or like mine every 14 days?    every 14 days should not upset the DLM but if mods don't reply then I will raise on monday as there is still a problem with the HH5a

0 Ratings