seems some people have had the new firmware upgrade

version SG4B10002236 11-Oct-2016

How do you get it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 42 of 52

Re: HH6 Dropping connection

There is no option to download the firmware and upgrade it yourself, which is exactly the same for the previous hubs. You have to wait for BT to push it to your Hub, and there's no published schedule of the deployment.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 52

I have never seen a method of obtaining an update on an individual basis. It is possible that the roll out of the new firmware is being done in batches to test its performance. Just patience I'm afraid.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 44 of 52

I got the HH6 thinking it would resolve issues of regular connection loss on the HH5 but I'm having the same problem on that now.

Tried raising as a fault twice as the connection is important to us but to no avail as they keep insisting it's probably a wireless issue. Same symptoms I see on this thread; connection just dies, usually the router still shows the blue light & a reboot is required to fix it. This is beyond irritating, surely I can expect more in terms of relaible & consistent connectivity.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 52

I believe you have every right to expect a reasonably stable and consistent connection bar the unforeseen. If you are prepared to wait hopefully the firmware update will sort out a number of issues with the HH6, but if not then you 'should' be able to claim that the unit is not fit for purpose, and perhaps find redress in either an alternative hub supplied by BT or your own private purchase, which would be expensive.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 46 of 52

Hi - I have the new Firmware update and still have the same issues. Having to reboot every day 

Not good

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 47 of 52

Hi @baggyant and thanks for posting.

Can you give us more detail on your problem. Are you connected via cable or wireless? Do the hub lights change? Are you on Infinity or ADSL broadband?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 48 of 52

Another me too I'm afraid.  Smarthub on Infinity 2, getting daily disconnects with the blue light remaining on and unable to .the GUI.  SH is on June firmware. I tried another SH which worked fine for a couple of days (May FW) however this 2nd SH disconnected too with the blue light on. When I rebooted it I noticed the FW was September! It promptly disconnected again 5 minutes later.

Thoroughly cheesed off with this.

I'm currently using a 3rd party router which works with BT TV.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 49 of 52

Dear DavidM, are you a BT person? I can't understand why a company as large as BT has not yet figured out a very basic tenet of Customer Service.  If something isn't working (and reasonably IT saavy people take the time to post to forums like this) then the SMARTEST thing to do is (1) Acknowledge the problem and (2) State what is being done about it.

London Underground learned this years ago, whern they instructed their drivers to say why the train was stopped.  Once they started to do that, it relieved loads of tension and frustration.  As long as people know that the problem is being addressed they are surprisingly patient.

I think that BT's fibre to the street service is a pretty good offering but clearly the Router is still having teething problems.  I also have the same problems as all the others on this thread.  The firmware update SG4B100021F4 is now dropping connections every couple of days and the solution seems to be 'switch it off and on'.  

I work from home and I moved to BT specifically to improve my download speed.  When I was with Demon I rarely had a problem which needed a call to Customer Service, but when it did there was someone competent to speak to and the problem got sorted out quickly.  The is NO comparable service from BT and it is frustrating and frankly unacceptable.

Do you think that OFCOM need to be brought into this situation?  I'm not a fan of running to the Regulator but it now looks like that even the latest firmware - which I don't have yet - is not solving the problem (let alone getting the DHCP server to work with my latest IOS on my Apple devices.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 50 of 52

Hi Daviid

hublight stays blue. I am on ADSL. Would it help if you know what was connected or would that not be relevant?. Everything connected by Wireless.

0 Ratings