Message 1 of 9

HH6 IPv6

Go to solution

There are many posts on the Forums re:- ipV6.

It's enabled, according to my Home Hub Manager pages.

Moreover, out of curiousity I searched through the Windows Task Manager pages yesterday and there was a reference a Norton update being routed through ipV6, and possibly a Windows 10 submission.

Will post a clip of any upcoming logs, to see if anyone thinks they are real.

Is ipV6 available for some areas???

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: HH6 IPv6

Go to solution

TSO (with other parts of the BT Group) have implemented and enables IPV6 on the "BT 21cn" network, and the BT Smart Hubs (HH6) have been configured to use BT's implementation of the IPv6 network. Network rollout on the 21cn network completed in October 2016.

The Home Hub 5 and 4s will get support (i.e configured to support BT's implementation of the IPv6 network) sometime over this year.
Neil (Chief Architect) from the CAO (TSO) has done a few talks on it - here's the info from October 2016 to the IPv6 council, http://www.ipv6.org.uk/2016/08/31/ipv6-council-meeting-october-2016

You can also find talks from other representatives from the CAO (TSO) but with a focus on EE's network.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks, jac-95.

It's answered the query.

Will read through the documents.

There's now  no need for me to to paste from the Windows Services logs.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Jac

I note the reference to the IET, with whom you are probably active.

I've read the documents with interest.

Thanks.

Ribblelancs

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@jac_95 wrote:

TSO (with other parts of the BT Group) have implemented and enables IPV6 on the "BT 21cn" network, and the BT Smart Hubs (HH6) have been configured to use BT's implementation of the IPv6 network. Network rollout on the 21cn network completed in October 2016.

The Home Hub 5 and 4s will get support (i.e configured to support BT's implementation of the IPv6 network) sometime over this year.
Neil (Chief Architect) from the CAO (TSO) has done a few talks on it - here's the info from October 2016 to the IPv6 council, http://www.ipv6.org.uk/2016/08/31/ipv6-council-meeting-october-2016

You can also find talks from other representatives from the CAO (TSO) but with a focus on EE's network.

A separate issue, perhaps.

I'm not a business user.

IPv6 shows as disabled on the HH6, as from 2-00am today. Area is East Lancs.

Are these local issues?

Others are complaining from the North West that there are problems with IPv6 and that it is still enabled.

The common factor is problems with Office 365.

Office 365 is a problem!

I'm on the home premium version, not using imap services (on pop3), not using Exchange services, and yet there are multiple problems with Outlook data sync, search indexing, etc. These have started since early this year, when an unknown, unnanounced change took place

So, ignoring Office 365,

why should IPv6 show as disabled here, (BB7 area)?

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I'm afraid I'm not sure how to investigate this as family home is still on IPv4 and on VM here at the moment. 

I'm not aware of BT Consumer temporarily switching back to just IPv4 for some customers due to the issue you have described here.

There may be some IPv6 routing issues, though a dig at the zone files maybe a place to start.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@jac_95 wrote:

I'm afraid I'm not sure how to investigate this as family home is still on IPv4 and on VM here at the moment. 

I'm not aware of BT Consumer temporarily switching back to just IPv4 for some customers due to the issue you have described here.

There may be some IPv6 routing issues, though a dig at the zone files maybe a place to start.

Thanks,

I'm not too concerned about ipv6 at the moment. The HH6 is due for it's scheduled 14 day remote reboot tonight.

This might just reinstate ipv6 - it's unpredictable. Smiley Indifferent

However I'm glad ipv6 was removed, as there were problems with Outlook 365, so that's one item which has been eliminated.

Problem with Outlook, "I think", is that Microsoft suddenly decided to move the .pst files from Users/Application Data, to Outlook/Documents.

This has upset the search feature, and may also be one of the reasons why some posters are reporting email problems......although I can't see why: the mail keeps coming in........At least you can't blame ipv6!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I've lost ipV6 on the HH6.

This happened when the hub rebooted itself at around 4-30pm, on Wednesday, 24th May.

By coincidence this was around the time when the News Media visited the village to broadcast/record an event, which involved a gathering of around 1500 people ....too much of a coincidence perhaps!

This has left me with a slightly reduced download speed of around 7 Mbps from 60 Mbps but an upload speed of only 1.3 Mbps. It's an Infinity 2 connection.

Makes you wonder what access to the network these companies have, although, with respect, it was an important event.

Or could it have been a power access point and brief supply interruption??? 

The event took place on the cable run in direct line to here, and the broadcast point was only 200 yards away. You could see the location from here.

I could wait for a hub scheduled reboot:- however as luck would have it, there are no longer any 14 day scheduled reboots.

These now only occur "as an when".

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Sorry to keep adding to this topic.

ipV6 availability has now returned  on my HH6, as from 6-38 pm, 30-05-2017, folllowing a remote reboot.

Don't think anyone would be working on the cabinet at that time of day!

Interestingly the upload speed has now reverted to the normal ~ 12.8 mpbs from 1.12 mbps over the past 5 days.

I was reading another thread on the forums where users were offered mod assistance for the upload speed problem.

Sometimes it can help to wait for a few days until a problem solves itself, although I wouldn't have had much of a clue on what to do, other than to attempt hub resets or to report a fault.

0 Ratings