cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

HH6 Losing wifi and going to green light?

Hi,

Been with Bt for many years and an Infinity 2 customers for past 4 yrs. I had Hub4 with openreach modem installed and all has been fine except odd disconnect once in a blue moon over the 4 years. I was offered HH6 at no charge but had to renew for 18 months and I was happy to do seeing as service has been good. Download of 72 megabytes and upload of 20 megabytes so no complaints there. My issue is now with HH6 I keep losing Wifi signal on a variety of devices at random times of day and night. Restarting hub resolves the problem for a day or so and then signal goes. My iPad and iPhone show a tick next to my HH6 in settings but no wifi symbol on phone/pad display. I phoned BT who after talking me through some questions said it was a "known" HH6 problem and sent me out a new one. I'm getting exactly the same with the new hub and also this one turns itself off and sits at green light until I unplug it and plug it back in. My speeds have dropped to 64 megabytes download and 18 megabytes upload and I now also have UPnP problems getting a remote connection to my CCTV over internet. The HH6 in my experience is flawed in many ways and tbh bt have been very helpful but have also confirmed that some people are also having problems with the smart part of hub and have been told to turn it off. 

My point is, if people are having connection issues with wifi etc and slower speeds this is a HH6 issue and not their wiring! I have had a month of wifi connection issues with HH6 and went back to my old HH4 and open reach modem and had no connection issues or hub turning off or losing wifi connections at all and I have remote access back for my cctv. Do you think I have a claim to get out of 18 month contract??

Thanks for any help and I hope this info can help people with the same HH6 issues I've been having

Darren

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: HH6 Losing wifi and going to green light?

If you have a search through the forum you will find many posts about the Smarthub.

You might be on a loser trying to get out of your contract because there is nothing wrong with your broadband connection.

It is the Smarthub that is useless. 

You could always buy a decent third party VDSLModem/router. they start in price about £60.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi thanks for your reply. My Hub4 has been up and running with no connection issues for a week and wife and kids happy again after a month of losing connections I should have stayed with hub 4 but thought offer of free hub 6 was too good to be true, it obviously was lol. Have to say I can't fault BT for trying to help but I now have two brand new HH6 sitting in my spare room

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Make handy bookends!! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Give me your address and they're yours 😂😂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@licquorice wrote:

Make handy bookends!! Smiley Very Happy

.... or have a competition with the kids to see how far you can throw them.