Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJMCLARK
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

HH6 unable to factory reset

Go to solution
Long story short, poor connection with HH6, restarted using option from home page. 20 minutes later HH6 is still cycling between green, flashing amber, amber then few minutes later green and cycle starts again. Home page does not load either via Ethernet or Wifi connection (during the amber solid phase). Decided to factory reset, stuck my engineers reset tool in for 30 seconds - still on amber. Tried again for longer, still on solid amber. Left it alone. Cycled back to green eventually, then flashing amber then solid amber - repeat. HH5 back in and working. Is HH6 bricked?? Many thanks
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DavidM
Message 2 of 5

Re: HH6 unable to factory reset

Go to solution

Hi @JJMCLARK and welcome.

Sorry or the delay in getting back. Did you manage to reset the smart hub? If not then it sounds like it could be faulty. have you been in contact with the faults team about it? I'll be happy to lend a hand if you wish. Just drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Hazy1980
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
I've had 3 Smart Hubs brick in the same fashion. You won't get it going again. I'm back on my HH5. Firmware has bricked Smarthubs, I have a new one but I'm not plugging it in until there is evidence on these forums that the issues are resolved.
0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I had the same problem, went back to HH5 then a few days later tried the HH6 again and it booted up fine.

Try leaving it with PSU unplugged till next day and try again.

0 Ratings
JJMCLARK
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Just to update, I changed the connection cable from router to master socket with a better one than the one supplied.

Now re-connecting without issue. Firmware upgraded on 9/12 by the looks to 2244 (I think as I'm not near it).

At least it's now back on.

Many thanks for all your help and advise.

0 Ratings