cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy012345
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

HHub3 wireless

I seem to have this interesting problem with my wireless.

My android phone is set up for the hhub for when it's at home and fons when I'm out. Usually at my friends because hes also a BT broadband user.

Most of the time it's fine, except when the phone fails to connect to the hub and decides to connect to the FON instead.

Then the hub wireless just randomly breaks. My laptop, which is on the hub wireless all the time, is completely ignored by the hub unless I forget the network, and set it up again.

The hub wireless seems to work but only at set times, for example, it will work for a few seconds, burst some data over it, and stop working again.

When the problem occurs also, it affects all wireless devices connected to the hub. Requesting a web page on multiple devices will see the request stalled, and when the wifi eventually comes back for those few seconds, all devices will have their requests handled at near the same time, which leads me to believe this is actually a problem with the hub, and not the devices itself.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and is there any fixes or planned firmware upgrades to address this?

Also my current firmware is Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: HHub3 wireless

@andy012345 wrote:

I seem to have this interesting problem with my wireless.

You're not the only oneSmiley Wink

My android phone is set up for the hhub for when it's at home and fons when I'm out. Usually at my friends because hes also a BT broadband user.

Unfortunately I can't help with the phone side of things - I don't have a wifi enabled mobiSmiley Sad

Though sorting the wireless out for the laptop may also cure the phone issue....

Most of the time it's fine, except when the phone fails to connect to the hub and decides to connect to the FON instead.

As above

Then the hub wireless just randomly breaks. My laptop, which is on the hub wireless all the time, is completely ignored by the hub unless I forget the network, and set it up again.

Have a look at the event log for something like this -

14:31:31, 21 Apr.(54851.870000) Auto channel selection (reason 'Auto Trigger') is complete. Selected channel: 6, noise data: 1-(-110) 2-(-111) 3-(-111) 4-(-110) 5-(-111) 6-(-110) 7-(-102) 8-(-101) 9-(-103) 10-(-101) 11-(-108) 12-(-111) 13-(-111).

The hub wireless seems to work but only at set times, for example, it will work for a few seconds, burst some data over it, and stop working again.

It sounds like the hubs 'smart wifi'* is kicking in

When the problem occurs also, it affects all wireless devices connected to the hub. Requesting a web page on multiple devices will see the request stalled, and when the wifi eventually comes back for those few seconds, all devices will have their requests handled at near the same time, which leads me to believe this is actually a problem with the hub, and not the devices itself.

The 'smart wifi' should only check 3 times in a 24hr period

Is anyone else experiencing this, and is there any fixes or planned firmware upgrades to address this?

Depending on whether the event log shows multiple auto trigger results, turning the smart wifi off may help

Also my current firmware is Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)

*assuming it's a hub3 - the firmware states it is

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
andy012345
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Unfortunatly these problems were occuring with smart wifi off lol.

Also another interesting problem in this firmware, is that when a DHCP client lease expires, port forwarding for that client changes to other leases that had the same name as that client, even with different MACs.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Hi andy,

sorry for the delay

Have you tried using inSSIDer2 to see what's happening with the wireless side of things?

Regarding the other issue, I'd be tempted to get the mods onboard to see what they find out - maybe they can report this to the hub techies for analysis....

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings