cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

HOME HUB 3

Type A and Type B what is the difference got sent a replacement one that is type A?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: HOME HUB 3

A basic answer is a different manufacturer slightly different firmware but performance wise the same
0 Ratings
jamjar62
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Basically get another router ha! 🙂 no i,d give it a try as it might work for you ,but the reviews on this forum isn,t very positive i,m afraid 😞
JamJar62
0 Ratings
VT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thanks will return it and request a Type B !!!

0 Ratings
spar
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

diff firmware and hardware

type A made by sagem i think, and the B huawei

i would disagree with you john  (im  probably being a bit pendantic) and say there are differences in performance due to issues with the type A and some ive found in B

type A had wifi issues for me, and as reported in forums port issues etc

type B doesnt resolve name to ip on my lan for linux machines at least doesnt from my puppy linux laptop

0 Ratings
VT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Just spoke to India and they say they send out Type A as had a batch problem with Type B even more confussed!! What is the answer?

0 Ratings
spar
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

what exactly is the answer u are looking for?

the questions was what are the differences

do u want the actual hardware specifc differences?

the answer i gave was

one is made by sagem one by hauwei

they have different firmware and hardware to achieve the same results, not necessarliy with the same success imo

u can read/search the forums for the issues people have/had with the type A

and for that matter any with type B, as i pointed out the name resolution one for me with puppy linux.

my wifi issue on type A of extremely low throughput of kbps from lan to lan was solved by replacing with type B

note, before updates on the hh3, type A wifi was fine, so imo someone borked the firmware

wifi to wan was fine but wifi to lan was really poor

u can read my experience here

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/BT-HOME-HUB-3-Type-A-v-Tpye-B-info/m-p/423355

most posts seem to feel the B is better, others have had no problems with the A, but there are lot complaining about the type A

im not sure id believe what tech india said, maybe someone who knows for sure can say wether there was a batch issue with the type B and if the type A is discontinued or not.

try the one u get and if it works for you then all is ok 🙂 if its an A and u have issues with it insist on another replacement type B or if they cant say u can def get a B then keep reporting  any type As as a fault and ask for replacement again and again till u get a B or BT sort it

0 Ratings