Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 41

Re: HOME HUB 5 - SETTING STATIC LAN IP ADDRESS FOR PRINTER

I haven't got infinity (don't even get 1M ADSL here!!) so can't comment I'm afraid, but I'm sure somebody (GG?) will be along with the details shortly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 41

As I suggested in message 12 this would be your best option. You do not need to do anything to the Openreach modem. It is plug and play. You need to set your router up with a PPPoE connection and the username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com  and the password can be left blank or if needed by the router use BT or anything else you want.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 33 of 41

Thanks gg30340. I will see if I can get one of these modems from BT first and then try the well known auction site.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 41

The modem was supplied by Openreach when they did the install before the HH5 was released BT had no direct dealings with the modem as they only provided the Hub/ router like all other fibre providers BT do not hold stocks of the modem your only source will be a well known auction site
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 41

Sorry, John46, but I don't agree at all that there are 'very few posts' on this issue.  Try googling it, i.e. it comes up on other forums, and just look at the new posts here since I posted 24 hours ago.  

Your comment about BT not being responsible for the connectivity of its own branded modem is extraordinary.  The fact that HH3 worked fine with my HP printer but HH4 won't is HP's fault, is it?

BT have done firmware updates in the past - I've had every version of Home Hub.  Why can't they issue a patch now? Are you a BT employee because I'm not wholly convinced by the testing claims you make in your second paragraph? 

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 36 of 41

Very interesting, Kippaxblue. I didn't try googling it first. I think I'm glad I didn't.

It does feel as if some of the answers I have recieved on this forum are more designed to make the issue go away rather than to help solve it.

I'm not sure that I understand why 'ordinary folk' on a forum appear to have such a vested interest in making the HH5 and BT seem so good.

I haven't posted here to knock BT, but I am frustrated that there doesn't appear to be a solution here and that BT don't seem remotely interested in helping either!

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 41

Without re-reading all your posts, I am not sure if you have said whether or not you are trying to connect wirelessly with the printer or if it is connected by Ethernet.

If it is by wireless, some devices have a problem with the HH4 & HH5 dual frequencies having the same SSid. With that in mind, have you tried giving the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies different SSids. Just add a 5 to the end of the 5Ghz SSid so you know which is which. Check the 5 GHz Sync with 2.4 GHz: is set to NO.

You'll need to connect all your other devices that can use both frequencies to both SSids if you want them to be able to use the frequencies.

See this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 41

@HermesMercury wrote:

Very interesting, Kippaxblue. I didn't try googling it first. I think I'm glad I didn't.

It does feel as if some of the answers I have recieved on this forum are more designed to make the issue go away rather than to help solve it.

I'm not sure that I understand why 'ordinary folk' on a forum appear to have such a vested interest in making the HH5 and BT seem so good.

I haven't posted here to knock BT, but I am frustrated that there doesn't appear to be a solution here and that BT don't seem remotely interested in helping either!

Not sure many people on here rate the HH5, most seem to regard it as a crock of ****

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 41

licquorice, you are being far to polite!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 41

It's an ethernet connection. Thanks for the thought.

0 Ratings