cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ITtech
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: HOT VP = HOT VIRTUAL PATH = ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE OF A FAULT

I doubt BTw will reconfigure backhaul bandwidth based on the premise of one customer, and even then wholesale would want to monitor the connection before making any changes. They test it for a period of time to check just how bad the contention is and bandwidth distribution from the dslam/msan nodes. It requires high level support and a great deal of whinging to get it done, for good reason. Unless the line fault/problem has been escalated in the proper fashion, by the proper people, you'd be lucky.
Click the star if my posts have helped.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
geebuss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

i'm getting the exact same runaround
0 Ratings
KarlRhodes
Message 13 of 14

As are we...

See details of our issue here...

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Slow-broadband-in-Bangor-North-Wales-is-there-...

We're just starting down this path and really do sympathise with you, but ours is a business issue and simple has to be fixed. If they refuse then I'll certainly be on the phone to OFCOM. Perhaps you should try the same, especially as you've had good service in the past and it's degraded and they still refuse to do anything about it.

I'd be interested to know how you get on so keep us posted.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

not happy just been told the hot vp is an issue on my line after 5 consecutively missed call backs from bt and then a missed engineer visit lvid lol not looking forward to this hot vp issue you are lucky really my download limit reduces all the way down to 4kb/s during peak times so even browsing is impossible just had a entire year of issus with sky so i left them and to be honest it seems to be going the same way with bt. sorry to hear of all your problems but i can confirm your allegations of language barrier and incompetence across the customer care telephone tech team is very poor it is scripted and half the time your going through exact same measures and procedures that made no difference the first time you tried them. they make me laugh must be to rich to care anymore lol but leaves us customers in a very frustrating and unacceptable situation i think offcom are my next step this is bt's last opportunity to step up and make a difference

0 Ratings