cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damview
Contributor
Message 11 of 42

Re: HOW CAN I FIND THE DATE MY CONTRACT ENDS?

Go to solution

Just been looking around for alternative providers and the best jumping off site I have found so far is the OFCOM one, I was on there to report BT's terms of service when I found they approve four price comparison sites as impartial.

Just go to OFCOM or here is the link to the relevant page.

Hope this helps some of you.

0 Ratings
kniluk
Beginner
Message 12 of 42

Go to solution

Hi! May I know the email address you emailed BT regarding when your contract ends?

I want to know when mine ends too because frankly I'm fed up with the lack of help and the soaring costs of their service. Already looking into another phone and broadband provider.

Many thanks~

damview
Contributor
Message 13 of 42

Go to solution

Hi!

Know the feeling.

This link will take you to the page you want to close your account / request your MAC number etc.

This link takes you to the general technical queries email page - I had to use technical queries as BT doesn't seem keen to let you email about contract ends dates.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Boogie83e
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks for your help. Smiley Happy I'm looking for a far better deal than BT! Smiley Mad  Moving soon! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again and best of luck. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
damview
Contributor
Message 15 of 42

Go to solution

Now I have my contract end date of 22 Aug - shoul BT have emailed / written to me warning that my contract was about to end?

I did I just dream that?

Anyone know the rules on this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 42

Go to solution

damview wrote:

should BT have emailed / written to me warning that my contract was about to end?

Only if you were on a renewable contract.
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 42

Go to solution

On the BT website go about ordering a Phone Calling Plan or if you have a BT At Home online account "Change Your Calling Plan". After you confirm your phone #, it gives you a list to Choose Calling Plan; at top is your contract dates. Then make sure you Cancel of course.

I don't know if this is recent, but I've not noticed it before.

In fact, you showed me how to get to this in the other thread when you pointed out the contradictory statements about free calls.

Message 18 of 42

Go to solution

Hi XraySpeX!

Thanks for the information. My contract was a renewable one and yes the end of contract date does appear at the top of the box you get if you go through the new calling plan rigmarole.  The end of contract date really should be on the bill.  So come on BT get your finger out and put the date where your paying customers can see it!

Anyway, I've now got a new contract with BT by phoning the new broadband contract number - 0800 111 4567 and telling them I wanted to downgrade my contract.  Worked wonders.  They offered me various incentives not to downgrade and I ended up with 18 months option 3 broadband with 6 months free - so I pay for 12 months and get 18.

Means I'm on an 18 month contract but I'm getting option 3 for about £15.33 a month instead of 22.99 I was paying.

I bet someone will come back saying they were offered a better deal Smiley Sad But navigating BT prices, offers, special offers, time limited offers, bundled offers and all the rest is a nightmare.

stevalh
Beginner
Message 19 of 42

Go to solution
Same problem here - why can't I find out when my contract ends? I e-mailed a complaint, got a snotty call back but with incorrect information. I wonder why? Could be that, by the time I found out their error, I would have missed my end date and be stuck with them for another year. I have been onto the web site tonight for an hour, just trying to find out the best deal for me - wate of an hour of my life!!
0 Ratings
Edward1
Beginner
Message 20 of 42

Go to solution

And of course the "Pipex Plonkers".......I came away from them (and the Tiscali group) in favour of BT, BUT....and there is Always a "BUT" somewhere....kept getting told my maximum BroadBand speed could ONLY be 2.5.    That was all the line would support.

After complaining and complaining they eventually send an engineer out.....changed the socket from ISDN to ADSL (faster) and put me "profile speed" up to 5 Mbps........so many people in the same road are getting 6.5 PLUS!   WHERE'S MINE??

I kept phoning them and reminding them that January 4th isn't that far away until my contract ends (I kept a note from the DAY I signed up) and strangely enough the next time I did a BT Speed test check my profile was up to 5.5......more recently it has gone up again to 6.

SOoooooooooDon't let them tell you what they CAN'T do.....make them tell you what they CAN !!

Downgrading?   Oh yes, that is also something I have asked about and YES, there is a penalty for effectively ending your contract IF you want to downgrade.......although I suppose they would be happy to waive that IF you were UPgrading......or do they really want to nit pick a few more pennies from our pockets?

I am now pulling the fluff from the bottom of my pockets so a down grade is definitely going to happen.

DON'T GET MAD........GET EVEN !!   🙂

0 Ratings