cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 42

Re: HOW CAN I FIND THE DATE MY CONTRACT ENDS?

Go to solution

@StewM wrote:
I don't see why it can't be included in MYBT.

Nor do I, especially now they've managed to get it to show my services fully and correctly for the first time since the King died.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 42

Go to solution

damview wrote:

Methinks there might be a case here for BT to be reported for mis-selling by the action of deliberatly excluding account-decision making information.

Hardly. The contract end date should be obvious at the outset and it's quite in order for you to make a note of it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
damview
Contributor
Message 33 of 42

Go to solution

Nuts!

A lot of contract extensions / changes are made by phone and no emiails are sent to confirm contract start and end dates.

So you are wrong,  BT does, in my opionion and the opinion of many others, does its best to make it very difficult to find out his basic information when there is clearly no reason to do so.

WHY is it not included on your bills?

Simple question.  Simple to correct the problem.  

But that's BT's problem isn't it?  They just can't make sensible decisons when it comes to customer service but are happy to increase cjharges by 3x the inflation rate!

Guru
Message 34 of 42

Go to solution
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But before you accuse someone of being wrong, have your evidence to hand, rather than just hearsay.

Stew
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 42

Go to solution

@damview wrote:

Nuts!

Can't argue with that.

--
Kezycat
Message 36 of 42

Go to solution
I found my date by going onto my order conformation email and it tells you when your contract starts and how long it is 🙂
0 Ratings
vwlowen
Contributor
Message 37 of 42

Go to solution

The problem, as I see it, is that you have separate contracts for the line and the package.  The line's running on a 12 month contract and the package is 18 months. So there's two dates that would only coincide after 36 months. Then you get special offers to extend free caller ID and so on which starts a new phone contract. Then you order, say, a new router, and from the emails you receieve, it's almost like starting a new package but have you or haven't you?  As I say, it's pretty much impossinble to tell.

Anyone who claims that BT make it clear and transparent is deluding themselves.

The problem is to get the best deals at other ISPs, you need to take out both phone and broadband and it seems to me that BT are hell-bent on ensuring they both never expire on the same date.

Yes, sorry, not very helpful to the OP who pasted 5 YEARS ago but still nothing has changed.  If I can get clear of BT I will never go near them again.

chipmarley
Message 38 of 42

Re: HOW CAN I FIND THE DATE MY CONTRACT ENDS? EASY PEASY

Go to solution

Hi, I did post an easy solution earlier about 6 weeks ago but it does not seem to be here

dial 03301234150  and tell them you are leaving the UK and I had no problem although I WILL be leaving it may help you to white lie.

I was told dial 150 to tell them you are cancelling end of prob.

Hope this helps and hope this post stays here this time

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 39 of 42

Re: HOW CAN I FIND THE DATE MY CONTRACT ENDS? EASY PEASY

Go to solution

chipmarley wrote:

Hope this helps and hope this post stays here this time

Like your previous one you mean?

--
waveph75
Message 40 of 42

Go to solution

CHEAKY VERY VERY CHEAKY!!!!!!

First of all you won't find the expiry date on your BT account 

reason being is so they can phone you to offer a very small discount, for me £2 off a month (very kind), and they'll tell you that you will receive the offer by email so you can accept it.

well... very tactically they call you roughly 3 or 4 month before the end of the contract so and because it looks like a courtesy you accept but you don't think about the consequences.

For the sake of £8 less you are renewing the contract with them for 1 year... if they do it to you ask them to wait until the end of the contract and put the same offer on the table!!!!

So I called as I am moving house and discovered I have to pay £130 for an engineer to come and install something

I am arguing with the lady at the phone that new customers are not paying for installations and I want the same deal... also they don't offer infinity at the new address and so the next solution for me would be to leave and go with Virgin (which serve the address already with fibre optics). Then the lady says that I have to pay £158 to leave and I am a bit surprised because I remember exactly when I moved... exactly 1 year ago!!! then she says... "sorry sir but we sent you an email 3 months ago with the discount of £2 a month on your broad band and by accepting the deal you accepted to renew your contract for another 12 moths"

CHEAKY VERY VERY CHEAKY and dishonest!!!!!!